Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 02 2014
By: HiTmAN_90 VP of Gaming 30376 posts

won 1st place still lost bet

8 replies 94 views Edited Jan 2, 2014

i won the race jumps jumps jumps in first place but i still lost my bet and the other person who bet also lost everything why

Message 1 of 9 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: won 1st place still lost bet

Jan 3, 2014
Did you bet on yourself?
Message 2 of 9 (85 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30376 posts

Jan 3, 2014

GOW71 wrote:
Did you bet on yourself?

i just put down money like i always did and when i won i got the bets too but this time i did the same thing still won the race and didnt win the bets

theres an option to bet on other people? wth.....

Message 3 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:
Did you bet on yourself?

i just put down money like i always did and when i won i got the bets too but this time i did the same thing still won the race and didnt win the bets

You can bet on anyone in the race. You just go over their character before the race launches and you place your bet. You only win the money if who you bet on wins. You also have to make sure you've actually placed the bet, once you have selected the amount make sure you are hitting X to lock it in.

Message 4 of 9 (74 Views)
VP of Gaming
30376 posts

Jan 3, 2014

GOW71 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:
Did you bet on yourself?

You can bet on anyone in the race. You just go over their character before the race launches and you place your bet. You only win the money if who you bet on wins. You also have to make sure you've actually placed the bet, once you have selected the amount make sure you are hitting X to lock it in.

ahh ok so i did bet on myself because i dont usually look at other characters

and yeah one time i set the amount but i forgot to press x it remained red tho

i always make sure to press x

plus at the end of the race it told me bets - 2,500

its really not that big of a deal for me.. i have 2 billion dollars

just that playing a broken game (or maybe i did something wrong but i dont think so) isnt fun imo

Message 5 of 9 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Jan 3, 2014

same thing has happened to me.  I just figured I accidentally bet on someone else, but I don't look at other players either.  might be a glitch, but in the scope of things a pretty inconsequential one.

Message 6 of 9 (58 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
697 posts

Jan 3, 2014

This has happened to me twice recently. Luckily it wasn't much. Some type of new glitch I guess. :/

Message 7 of 9 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Jan 4, 2014

Maybe there are other prerequisits besides winning 1st in some races. Or it could be the person you were racing had better odds of winning. It has the odds listed on the screen. R* probably tweaked it so new players have better odds against experienced players.

Dunno... seems like every time I bet, no one else does so I think I've only won a bet once ot twice before. 

Message 8 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30376 posts

Jan 6, 2014

anarchizm wrote:

Maybe there are other prerequisits besides winning 1st in some races. Or it could be the person you were racing had better odds of winning. It has the odds listed on the screen. R* probably tweaked it so new players have better odds against experienced players.

Dunno... seems like every time I bet, no one else does so I think I've only won a bet once ot twice before. 

whaat?

so if i bet on myself and actually win the race i might not get the money because my opponent had a bigger chance of winning the race anyway?

wth yeah right

Message 9 of 9 (30 Views)
0 Likes