Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 02 2003
By: maddhatter~ Lombax Warrior 138 posts

why does everybody want this game online

12 replies 14 views Edited Jun 2, 2003
it will just be like state of emergency it would probably be almost impossible to do any missions without having to kill some @$$ trying to get in the way.it would be cool to steal other people property,women,and shake down other peoples businesses for protection money and stuff like that though. 
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Re: why does everybody want this game online

Jun 2, 2003

,maddhatter wrote:
it will just be like state of emergency it would probably be almost impossible to do any missions without having to kill some @$$ trying to get in the way.it would be cool to steal other people property,women,and shake down other peoples businesses for protection money and stuff like that though. 
i dont know if they would actually have missions but u could like have someone else do missions for u and then pay them money or something that would be cool and like starts gangs
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 2, 2003

,maddhatter wrote:

I think GTA would suck online, unless it was only wandering around, doing what you want, stealing cars, killing other members and stuff... That would be fine. But missions, and hidden packages, and stuff... Yuck!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jun 3, 2003

CurtisMonks wrote:

maddhatter wrote:

I think GTA would suck online, unless it was only wandering around, doing what you want, stealing cars, killing other members and stuff... That would be fine. But missions, and hidden packages, and stuff... Yuck!

Yea, what I see when I think of gta multiplayer is just to have certain modes ... like Getaway's 'free roam' mode would be the basic way to play online or multiplayer ... no missions would be available, but you could text message everyone or individuals, maybe you could all team up against one person, or try to see just how many people can get police chases going ... that'd be hilarious

another mode could be like capture the flag ... you could have two teams of 2-5 people, and then each time someone gets into a vehicle it would turn red or blue or something, so people could tell who's who and on what team and all... but then you could work to capture the flag and see who could get it to the other side without being blown to bits lol

another mission would be cops and robbers... where some people would choose to be a cop, and others would choose to be a normal player ... and then it would be kinda like playing vigilante with other players ... and then of course you'd have computer backup for whoever's wanted ... and the person who's the police would be treated as a police officer: able to shoot anyone/anything or use any weapon, and never get a wanted level lol

another mode could be check point races with various vehicles ... that'd be kinda interesting

maybe they could have a "global" online mode, where there would be certain stations for people who wanted to do whatever thing ... like if you wanted to free roam, you could watch people going by trying to capture the flag or something ... maybe blow 'em up with a rocket launcher if your aim is good enough lol ... it's just got so much potential lol

--edit--

however if it IS online, the stats from online play should not effect your single player game progress ... I for sure would not want all those times of being wasted on my record for normal game ... it'd be awful for my criminal rating lol

Message Edited by multimediaman on 06-02-2003 09:40 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Jun 3, 2003
That would be awesome going around and killing people ...come on think about it.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jun 3, 2003
i want this game so bad to go online
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jun 3, 2003
you guys should just play the sims online or something else because gta online would be the dumbest thing i ever heard of
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jun 3, 2003

,maddhatter wrote:
you guys should just play the sims online or something else because gta online would be the dumbest thing i ever heard of
i played the sims online for like a month then it got soooo boring...all u do is make money and buy things...alough it is cool talkin to actual people
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
659 posts

Jun 6, 2003

,CurtisMonks wrote:

,maddhatter wrote:

i agree, i was never really sure what people wanted to be able to do with it if the game was online.

It was as dry as a popcorn fart!
Jurassic 5
Socom Handle = #5
Socom Clan - Murder by #'s

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1427 posts

Jun 6, 2003

,maddhatter wrote:

i dont want it online, i think it would get old really fast because you would always have someone thats only going after you to kill you.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (14 Views)
0 Likes