Sep 17 2013
By: Pathex Monster Hunter 32 posts

restarting mission is annoying

11 replies 138 views Edited Sep 17, 2013
So far the game is really awesome, but I just wish it was easier to restart a mission when you screw up? I'm not just talking about the load screens but the steps you have to go through. Is there something I'm missing?
Message 1 of 12 (138 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: restarting mission is annoying

Sep 18, 2013
You can restart from checkpoint by hitting x. Don't see why that's a problem. Not much of a learning curve in this gta as in previous games your kinda in the thick of it from the beginning. I had gta 4 but never played it much it didn't feel like the classics IMO so was hard for me to get some of the control changes down. Give it time you'll pick it up eventually.
Message 2 of 12 (110 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Sep 18, 2013

i like it better than starting all the way over.

Message 3 of 12 (97 Views)
VP of Gaming
31447 posts

Sep 18, 2013

yeah there is checkpoints are you saying not enough? :smileytongue:

Message 4 of 12 (88 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Pathex wrote:
So far the game is really awesome, but I just wish it was easier to restart a mission when you screw up? I'm not just talking about the load screens but the steps you have to go through. Is there something I'm missing?

what happens when you try to restart a mission?

Message 5 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Sep 18, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

i like it better than starting all the way over.

me too, for instance the first mission when you have to retrieve the bike, you have to have that shotout first than chase down the bike, when first time he got away on me and when I hit restart mission I was hoping over the fence(skiping the shotout part)

Message 6 of 12 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Sep 18, 2013
For example, the second mission you get, to repo those cars with Lamar. I already did the mission on the first pass but now I want to go back and get a gold rating. One of the requirement is that you get very little to no damage on it. Now let's say the car is all messed up and I want to restart that mission again? What's the quickest way to do that without having to finish that race. From what I see I have to go to load and load a save point, then go to the game menu and select replay mission and pick that mission again. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see an option to restart a mission mid-mission.
Message 7 of 12 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Pathex wrote:
For example, the second mission you get, to repo those cars with Lamar. I already did the mission on the first pass but now I want to go back and get a gold rating. One of the requirement is that you get very little to no damage on it. Now let's say the car is all messed up and I want to restart that mission again? What's the quickest way to do that without having to finish that race. From what I see I have to go to load and load a save point, then go to the game menu and select replay mission and pick that mission again. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see an option to restart a mission mid-mission.

qucikest way would be to get our of the car and blow it up

Message 8 of 12 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Pathex wrote:

you can just go off course and after a mile or so it will say you abandoned the race..then you can just restart.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 9 of 12 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Sep 18, 2013
ok, cool
Message 10 of 12 (49 Views)
0 Likes