Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2003
By: NiHiLiSt~ Hekseville Citizen 420 posts

rescue Lance from Junkyard

8 replies 22 views Edited Jun 4, 2003
Man I cannot get past this damn mission.  Recently I have been flying the chopper and landing in teh northeast corner of the yard, getting out and killing hte guy on the crane and the 3 near Lance but when I try to take out the rest of the bad guys I get smoked.  Once i actually got to the trashmaster but the remaining baddies blew it up in about 3 seconds.  Does anyone have a real good strategy for this one and am I right that you have to kill all the bad guys in the yard first.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Re: rescue Lance from Junkyard

Jun 4, 2003

,NiHiLiSt wrote:
Man I cannot get past this damn mission.  Recently I have been flying the chopper and landing in teh northeast corner of the yard, getting out and killing hte guy on the crane and the 3 near Lance but when I try to take out the rest of the bad guys I get smoked.  Once i actually got to the trashmaster but the remaining baddies blew it up in about 3 seconds.  Does anyone have a real good strategy for this one and am I right that you have to kill all the bad guys in the yard first.

I can understand how hard this mission can be. It took me a few tries to get it. Let me point this out now: http://www.gamefaq.com has some good tips, incase mine don't work. What I did was take the Rhino (tank), and drive it in. Run over everyone in your path, shoot your guns to kill people, and park right at the garage Lance is in. Get out, run for him, and then run back to the tank. I noticed my tank disapeared in the lil' movie clip that plays, so I looked around, and there is a garbage truck in the lot. Run for that, and make sure you cover Lance. Get in there, and your good. Go to the hospital asap, but watch out... I believe they are Cheetahs who follow you there, ramming your car. But since you have the dump truck, your good to go. Those stupid sports cars can't even budge you! Good luck man!

P.s. - The helicopter works too, but it takes a lot of time for the blades to start spinning, and there is a good chance the enemies will pull you out of the chopper before it can take off...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
420 posts

Jun 4, 2003
what do you have to do to get the tank to appear, get a certain number of packages?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jun 4, 2003

,NiHiLiSt wrote:

I just get an Army tank in there and start smashing everybody. Use the tank as shield, so when you rescue lance, you won't get shot. Then I get out of the tank and shoot the guys that are on top of the crane and the building.

"If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use." - Kira Yamato
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 4, 2003

,NiHiLiSt wrote:
what do you have to do to get the tank to appear, get a certain number of packages?

You need 90/100 hidden packages for the Rhino (tank) to appear at Fort Baxter. It is fairly easy to get 90, as there is a list at www.gamefaq.com. Also, if you have the police uniform (from the mission Copland, it is easier to grab the take, and keep your life.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 4, 2003
you don't need the tank, just use the automatic shotgun and use the auto-lock on all the enemies. also, before you drive in, get the car you're driving damaged and on fire, then drive fast hit triangle and let it crash into the 2 cars blocking the entrance, this way it blows up the 2 cars and takes out about 5 or 6 guys.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 6, 2003

The easiest way is to get the white damage proof sedan in Diaz's first mission (where you watch the drug deal go down..something Angels).  If you don't have that car, the tank is your next safest bet.  You need to either steal it from the army or get enough packages.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jun 6, 2003
what i do is blow up the car blocking the gate (any way you like) then instead of shooting people i just run them over w/ the car i drove up in (all exept the dude on the crane) take him out with a weapon of choice then take out the three gaurding lance once he is in your custody you have choice the trash truck or the sentenal (i go w/ the sentenel cause its faster) anyway once you leave the yard a bunch of guys chase you incomets while you try to get to the hospital just dont hit anything and youll be fine im sorry if i made this sound easy i know its not the first few times but youll get it
visit my website at gtauniverse0.tripod.com
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4059 posts

Jun 6, 2003
that in my opinion is the heardest mission of the game
2003 Mustang GT
~Mods~
Flowmasters