Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 21 2013
By: TornadicInferno Gaming Beast 2346 posts

does anyone actually race, to race?

20 replies 184 views Edited Oct 21, 2013

im sick of playing anything online anymore, its just a bunch of (words i cant say here).   when i join a standard race, i wanna race, not be in a destruction derby.  if you wanna race dirty like that, make a GTA race where you can actually get rockets and try to blow up people.  leave standard racing for those of us that can pass someone without diliberatley trying to wreck someone. 

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (184 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4759 posts

Re: does anyone actually race, to race?

Oct 21, 2013

I do. I love racing and the cars and motorbikes in GTA handle really well surprisingly.

Sometimes if I'm playing with friends though and someone bumps me, I will bump them back. It's all in good fun though and we are usually on mic laughing about it.

On the most part, we race seriously.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (181 Views)
Gaming Beast
2346 posts

Oct 21, 2013

thats cool.   i can never get in with friends.   glad to know there are some clean racers out there though

some_text
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9508 posts

Oct 21, 2013
I only race with my crew members. If I do race with strangers and they constantly try to spin me out, I change the race to gta race and shoot out their tires
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Oct 22, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

I do. I love racing and the cars and motorbikes in GTA handle really well surprisingly.

Sometimes if I'm playing with friends though and someone bumps me, I will bump them back. It's all in good fun though and we are usually on mic laughing about it.

On the most part, we race seriously.

agreed I usually do it with friends because its mutal, I sometimes even do it by accident not everyone is a good GTA driver and bumps happen

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Oct 22, 2013

My clan and I always try to race clean. Of course accident happen... but we always try to race as fair as possilbe.  If you are joining random rooms though, be prepared for anything. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of integrity with randoms.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Oct 22, 2013

I like to race to race. Those that have no driving skillz must think their only option is to wreck others and use your car for braking in hairpin turns. Mostly it's fustrating, but if you learn their intentions quickly just brake right before the corner and watch them go flying off the course right in front of you.   :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1980 posts

Oct 22, 2013
Me and my friends race for cash and RP boosting. We dont race competitively. We determine which one of us is in need of cash and we LET that person win 1st place over and over...for a few hours.

THIS is about the only LEGIT way to boost in GTAOnline anymore...thanks to Rockstar patching all the exploits. They mess with my money making one more time...and Im gonna go postal on em. For realz.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3226 posts

Oct 22, 2013

"If it ain't rubbin', it ain't racin'."

You will not find a race where cars don't hit each other. If you learn how to drive better, you can take them out before they take you out. Or, go play single player and race against stupid NPC's.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (127 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Oct 22, 2013

going to have to agree, this game lends itself to that kind of racing.  it's cool if that's how you want to race w/ your crews, but I think this game is more about aggressive driving than a regular racing game, so I wouldn't expect people to not bump & grind.  anyway the guy keeping the better line is going to beat the guy trying to take everybody out more often than not.  just got to watch that guy coming up behind ya : P  I just wouldn't take it to seriously and enjoy what it is.  

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (120 Views)