Jul 08 2003
By: TheRedChord Wastelander 922 posts

codes / percentages

15 replies 4 views Edited Jul 8, 2003

ok...i'm going for 100% like everyone in GTA VC...and i've heard that if you input codes then you can't get 100% which is fine cuz i hate codes...but i think that my roomate around january when i first got the game may have put them in or something cuz i'm so freakin far and i've done so much, but i only have like 75% (there are a few things i have to do that i know of) but anyways...

my question is..how can i tell if codes have been put in to limit my from getting 100%? i've put in like 50-60 hours (probably over 200 of unsaved hours) of gameplay

Message 1 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14796 posts

Re: codes / percentages

Jul 8, 2003

,twisted_b wrote:

ok...i'm going for 100% like everyone in GTA VC...and i've heard that if you input codes then you can't get 100% which is fine cuz i hate codes...but i think that my roomate around january when i first got the game may have put them in or something cuz i'm so freakin far and i've done so much, but i only have like 75% (there are a few things i have to do that i know of) but anyways...

my question is..how can i tell if codes have been put in to limit my from getting 100%? i've put in like 50-60 hours (probably over 200 of unsaved hours) of gameplay

Well i was afraid of the same thing and probably at the same point you were i have tons of time invested in a game also but i wasnt sure if i had done a health code at some point or what....so i started a new game anyway...i kind of wanted too...cuz i knew what happens in the game and i am taking a diffrent approach.....this time i have all the packages and a few of the side jobs done and i have only done enough missions to get the second island open....i dont know i have nothing better to do
Message 2 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jul 8, 2003

twisted_b wrote:

If you get 100 hidden packages and your criminsl level is not at 0 or a negitive number, then you are fine.
Message 3 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jul 8, 2003

twisted_b wrote:

erm, well, if you've gotten pretty far in the game it might be hard to tell, but if your criminal rating is low, like around 3000 or so considering your progress, or if it's in the negatives even, then you know some cheats have been used... if you can't find all 100 hidden packages, that might also be a good sign
Message 4 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jul 8, 2003

DTW-_cannabis_ wrote:

Well i was afraid of the same thing and probably at the same point you were i have tons of time invested in a game also but i wasnt sure if i had done a health code at some point or what....so i started a new game anyway...i kind of wanted too...cuz i knew what happens in the game and i am taking a diffrent approach.....this time i have all the packages and a few of the side jobs done and i have only done enough missions to get the second island open....i dont know i have nothing better to do

I had a game that I hadn't used cheat codes on, and I cheated right before collecting the final 3 packages, with the Health, Armor, and Wanted Level codes... and I was still able to collect all the packages.... however, that doesn't guarantee that I was just lucky with the packages and that it took something else away instead ... I might never know
Message 5 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14796 posts

Jul 8, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:

,DTW-_cannabis_ wrote:

I had a game that I hadn't used cheat codes on, and I cheated right before collecting the final 3 packages, with the Health, Armor, and Wanted Level codes... and I was still able to collect all the packages.... however, that doesn't guarantee that I was just lucky with the packages and that it took something else away instead ... I might never know

Yeah i dont think it effets the packages just the overall % not being able to reach 100% but i dont know i havent tried to beat it w/ cheats
Message 6 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14796 posts

Jul 8, 2003

,Joshingway wrote:

,twisted_b wrote:

If you get 100 hidden packages and your criminsl level is not at 0 or a negitive number, then you are fine.

So if cheats were used at any point in the game the criminal rating will be 0?
Message 7 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jul 8, 2003

DTW-_cannabis_ wrote:

Joshingway wrote:

twisted_b wrote:

Well might or might not be, depending on how much cheats you used.
Message 8 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14796 posts

Jul 8, 2003

,Joshingway wrote:

,DTW-_cannabis_ wrote:

,Joshingway wrote:

,twisted_b wrote:

Well might or might not be, depending on how much cheats you used.

do all of the cheats factor into this or just certain one's??
Message 9 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5644 posts

Jul 8, 2003
nobody is sure which cheats can ruin your game

Socom Name: Technologic*
Server: Canada West
Clan Site
Message 10 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes