May 02 2009
By: gettinmoney662 I Only Post Everything 1038 posts

You Think It's Possible To Get AWP Without Boosting?

29 replies 9 views Edited May 2, 2009
I'm wondering if I should even try to get this trophy because I don't boost.
Message 1 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Re: You Think It's Possible To Get AWP Without Boosting?

May 2, 2009

gettinmoney662 wrote:

Boosting? Is that even possible in GTA IV? This isn't WaW...is it?

Message 2 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2230 posts

May 2, 2009

It's possible , but it will take you a LONG time... it takes around 10 hours forr someone to do it with a buddy letting them win.

If you do it by yourself you will have to re-do some races if you lose or they don't count for some reason, it will be a pain. 

ლ(^◡^ლ) █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀ ლ(^◡^ლ)
Message 3 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

May 2, 2009

dotCody wrote:

gettinmoney662 wrote:

Uhhh, what?  Of course it is, that's how 99% of the people have got AWP.  Boosting is when you partner with someone and they let you win and then you let them win so you both get wins without any type of skill or effort.

Message 4 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

May 2, 2009

gettinmoney662 wrote:

dotCody wrote:

gettinmoney662 wrote:

Uhhh, what?  Of course it is, that's how 99% of the people have got AWP.  Boosting is when you partner with someone and they let you win and then you let them win so you both get wins without any type of skill or effort.

That's called taking turns.

And yes, it is possible. You just have to be good at GTA IV.
Message 5 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

May 3, 2009

gettinmoney662 wrote:

dotCody wrote:

gettinmoney662 wrote:

Most other games don't have such problems with tracking progress/stats/wins properly. With IV, helping other people is(was?) the safest method of getting the trophy in a reasonable amount of time. You *can* get AWP yourself, but good luck getting wins in every race, gta race, and some of the less popular modes that way. Also, you clearly don't know what you're talking about if you believe an AWP run requires zero effort. Obviously, it's not the competitive way of going about it, but for many people that approach either takes even longer or has proven nearly impossible.

Message 6 of 30 (9 Views)
Fender Bender
3986 posts

May 3, 2009

gettinmoney662 wrote:

You consider that boosting? How else do you think people get the AWP trophy? Spray fairy dust on their PS3 and wish reeaaaal hard? You do realise that the Multiplayer servers are bugged up and don't record stats and game wins properly, right? Seriously, getting the AWP trophy is not boosting. -.- Going into a DM match with the intention of trading kills is boosting. 

Message 7 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

May 3, 2009

dotCody wrote:

gettinmoney662 wrote:

You consider that boosting? How else do you think people get the AWP trophy? Spray fairy dust on their PS3 and wish reeaaaal hard? You do realise that the Multiplayer servers are bugged up and don't record stats and game wins properly, right? Seriously, getting the AWP trophy is not boosting. -.- Going into a DM match with the intention of trading kills is boosting. 

Just because you make excuses for boosting doesn't mean you aren't boosting.  If you have someone let you win so you can get a trophy, that's boosting, whether the servers are messed up or not.

Message 8 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

May 3, 2009

gettinmoney662 wrote:

Just because you make excuses for boosting doesn't mean you aren't boosting.  If you have someone let you win so you can get a trophy, that's boosting, whether the servers are messed up or not.

Like Truthiness said before, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Message 9 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

May 3, 2009

Boosting means;

Stealing cars

Using your boost

You don't know what I'm talking about then get out.

Message 10 of 30 (9 Views)
0 Likes