Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 30 2003
By: Goldberg_Schmoldberg~ Lombax Warrior 172 posts

Why put cheats in if they f things up ?

8 replies 23 views Edited May 30, 2003
Now I will admit that cheats are for people who suck at whatever game they are playing so bad that they can't beat it without playing dirty, and I'll admit I suck at gta vice city, that's why I use the cheats. Also, even if I didn't suck it makes the game that much easier.  Anyhow, what I'm wondering is why even program cheats into a game if they are just going to screw the game up so bad you can't even complete 100 percent ?  I've never known of any other games that had this problem like vc.  It was bad enough that using cheats makes the maverick on top of hyman condos only appear once every blue moon, but now I can't even get halfway through the pizza delivery missions without getting screwed up. What the hell ? The next game better not be like this or else I might as well not even buy it.
Freakin' Sweet !
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Re: Why put cheats in if they f things up ?

May 30, 2003

,Goldberg_Schmoldberg wrote:
Now I will admit that cheats are for people who suck at whatever game they are playing so bad that they can't beat it without playing dirty, and I'll admit I suck at gta vice city, that's why I use the cheats. Also, even if I didn't suck it makes the game that much easier.  Anyhow, what I'm wondering is why even program cheats into a game if they are just going to screw the game up so bad you can't even complete 100 percent ?  I've never known of any other games that had this problem like vc.  It was bad enough that using cheats makes the maverick on top of hyman condos only appear once every blue moon, but now I can't even get halfway through the pizza delivery missions without getting screwed up. What the hell ? The next game better not be like this or else I might as well not even buy it.

its just to prove a point, cheaters dont win...maybe u should erase that file and play it over...without cheating. (cheater.....)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
920 posts

May 30, 2003

The programmers put the codes in the game to either allow easier access to different areas of the game for themselves or to play around with different ideas that never really pan out for the actual gameplay. Rockstar put the "problem' purposely in the game to crash if cheat codes were used. Bravo to Rockstar!!

Codes are a nice addition to a game, but should never be leaned on to get you through it....or to be better than you actually are.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1007 posts

May 30, 2003

it doenst F*** things up, its just your consequence for using cheats on the game.
SOCOM ID: GuitarFREAK
SOCOM CLAN ID: *MAU*GtrFREAK
SOCOM CLAN: Mobile Assault Unit

*Life is just a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again*

*AzN*Mafia
Rx( Godfather):GuitarFreak(Gtr):
INfested(25):Chic(NsX)
:Crazy(Flyp)
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
782 posts

May 30, 2003
exactly. people never learn.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

May 30, 2003

there are some people that have to cheat to win. It doesn't mess up your game. It just makes it so you can't get 100%. Some people don't care about completing it. If you want to get 100% and feel the joy of beating it. then don't cheat. programmers put cheats in all games. its to have fun and do stuff you normally wouldn't do. But a lot of people take advantage of this and cheat to win. thats a no no
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

May 30, 2003
i think its alot funner with cheats
SOCOM 2 is gooood
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

May 31, 2003
cause ther fun    -     for a limited time only!!!

My Game Collection
http://users.ign.com/collection/HwoarangExpert
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7336 posts

May 31, 2003

you dont even need 100% , and they do it so that maybe people will play the right way... But thats why i didnt spend all the time to get the 100%, and i used cheats. Yet some people say that they have never beaten GTA V C , i think that more people than not used cheats at some point and it makes the game for fun and excitign .
Playing: Madden '06
Listening: Smashing Pumpkins
Latest Movie: Crash
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (23 Views)
0 Likes