May 21 2003
By: Soundwave1216~ Hekseville Citizen 366 posts

Who has been with the series since the first GTA?

10 replies 43 views Edited May 21, 2003
I still have all the GTA's for the PS and even bust 'em out every once in while. Looking back, that game was hard as hell!! Some of the missions were near impossible. My friends used to think I was nuts for being so into those games due to the birds-eye 2D scrolling, but I was hooked. I would try to explain "But guys, you can steal any car you want......no, your supposed to steal them!"....they just didn't see the beauty of it all. Of course now they are all big fans, but I can claim I'm an O.G. of GTA. Not that claim means anything at all, but just let me have my moment......ok, I'm done.

FFXI:
Dobbs, Lvl 20 Hume BLM
Kujata Server
LS: TribeofKain, Immortals
Message 1 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: Who has been with the series since the first GTA?

May 21, 2003
I have all of em except 2, dunno why.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's so many Walgreens today, you're just bound to be in one. -- Me

THE PAST IS INDESTRUCTIBLE

Current game I couldn't put down if I tried:
IndyCar Series

NASCAR fans! Enlighten yourselves and watch an IRL IndyCar Series race! It's for your own good!
Message 2 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

May 22, 2003
i started w/ GTA2...played the the ones befor it but once it came to 3D (gta3) the game got even better!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
if you cant hear your tires, your not going fast enough...
My Race Stats: Honda Integra 20-7 Nissan 240sx 5-2
Message 3 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

May 22, 2003
I for one never played any of the games before GTA3 for PS2, but from what I've read and heard, I haven't missed much. To my understanding GTA3 was a huuuge step towards what they were aiming for originally and finally reached, and that the games before it pretty much, well, sucked.
Freakin' Sweet !
Message 4 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

May 22, 2003
Compared to what we've got today, they are awful. But at the time, the graphics weren't bad and no company had ventured so far into a game focusing on a criminal element before. Well, maybe some PC games but nothing on a console. I'm also a fan of the old school scene. I still dust off my old NES once in a while.

FFXI:
Dobbs, Lvl 20 Hume BLM
Kujata Server
LS: TribeofKain, Immortals
Message 5 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

May 22, 2003

,Soundwave1216 wrote:
I still have all the GTA's for the PS and even bust 'em out every once in while. Looking back, that game was hard as hell!! Some of the missions were near impossible. My friends used to think I was nuts for being so into those games due to the birds-eye 2D scrolling, but I was hooked. I would try to explain "But guys, you can steal any car you want......no, your supposed to steal them!"....they just didn't see the beauty of it all. Of course now they are all big fans, but I can claim I'm an O.G. of GTA. Not that claim means anything at all, but just let me have my moment......ok, I'm done.

No, I just started with ever since GTA III came out. Now, I'm enjoying Vice City. (Pretty much).

"If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use." - Kira Yamato
Message 6 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

May 23, 2003
started with GTA2 and got GTA3 for PC and then Vice City for PS2 and PC...never got GTA3 for ps2 tho lol
Message 7 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2168 posts

May 23, 2003

,Soundwave1216 wrote:

i have been playing GTA since the original for PC, i got it about a year after it came out and i loved it. my brother couldnt quite get over the top view so he never even tried to play it. but now that gta is 3D, he loves it.
Message 8 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
420 posts

May 23, 2003
Rockstar's website now has the original gta available for free download.
Message 9 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

May 23, 2003

,Gothic Punk wrote:
started with GTA2 and got GTA3 for PC and then Vice City for PS2 and PC...never got GTA3 for ps2 tho lol

GTA 3 is pretty good. The storyline is also great. Basically you have to get back at your girlfriend because she framed you when you both did a bank heist.

"If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use." - Kira Yamato
Message 10 of 11 (43 Views)
0 Likes