Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 26 2003
By: Goldberg_Schmoldberg~ Lombax Warrior 172 posts

What's the trick to boating ?

5 replies 6 views Edited May 26, 2003

Is there some sort of trick to driving a boat ?  I can't seem to be able to get the hang of controlling it, especially when making sharp turns.  It's nothing like controlling the cars. I for one think they need to improve the control, although I've never been boating myself, so what do I know ?

Freakin' Sweet !
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Re: What's the trick to boating ?

May 26, 2003

,Goldberg_Schmoldberg wrote:

Is there some sort of trick to driving a boat ?  I can't seem to be able to get the hang of controlling it, especially when making sharp turns.  It's nothing like controlling the cars. I for one think they need to improve the control, although I've never been boating myself, so what do I know ?

boy, dont we have alot of questions? there is no trick to boating, it all depends on the boat. some boats are easier to maneuver to than others. just learn how to use them all!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4135 posts

May 26, 2003

Go slow at first, then fast.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2168 posts

May 26, 2003

if your doing a checkpoint race or something, first learn the course through multiple tries at it. then go slow on turns and fast on straightaways. thats the best way to drive a boat.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1176 posts

May 26, 2003

Yea I love boating in Vice City.. I make things like I try to reinact James Bond movies... I like doing this a lot...

Im in a chopper with like 4-5 stars on me and I go near the water and the waters full of police boats and I try to position my self to jump off the chopper into the boat and kill the police man in the boat and drive away in the boat doing drive bys to the other police boats and fool around like that lots o fun

EQOA- Alaris, Dwarf Cleric of the 50th lvl
on CLW server
Guild: Stars of Destiny Elite
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

May 26, 2003
I wouldn't call it THE trick, but if you use the handbrake alot when driving, you'll need to adjust with the boat because the handbrake only works on the boat if you're accelerating. If you let up on the gas while trying to make a turn with the handbrake it won't work.
Russ Feingold for President
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
- Edmund Burke
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes