Jun 04 2003
By: Goldberg_Schmoldberg~ Lombax Warrior 172 posts

What's the dealy-yo ?

9 replies 31 views Edited Jun 4, 2003

Okay so whats the deal with vice city screwing up ps2's ??? When I play vice city it screws up royally by freezing after about 15 minutes of gameplay.  Granted, I use cheats but I hear people on here also complaining about vice city screwing up their ps2 even not using cheats.  So lastnight I tested another game to see if it would screw up and it didn't. I don't know if I was just lucky or what, but if I need to  have my ps2 serviced for whatever reason I want to do it soon while it's still under warranty, which I think it is.

Damn you  Vice City !!!  But you rock anyway !

Freakin' Sweet !
Message 1 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Re: What's the dealy-yo ?

Jun 4, 2003
I've heard that using cheats will wreck your game and GTAIII I used cheats and the graphics would drop so there was only my car driving nowhere and it would freeze occasionally. I didn't use cheats on Vice City, well maybe a couple times but anyway I have'nt had a problem at all will VC.
Message 2 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
420 posts

Jun 4, 2003
I was getting freezups and a disk read error with this game, it seems the ps2 does not like blue backed disks.  The game was unplayable for me untill I bought a $10 DVD cleaner from Endust, ran it through and in about a minute the game was perfect and hasnt frozen once.  Make sure you get  a DVD cleaner not a CD cleaner
Message 3 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 4, 2003

,Goldberg_Schmoldberg wrote:

Okay so whats the deal with vice city screwing up ps2's ??? When I play vice city it screws up royally by freezing after about 15 minutes of gameplay.  Granted, I use cheats but I hear people on here also complaining about vice city screwing up their ps2 even not using cheats.  So lastnight I tested another game to see if it would screw up and it didn't. I don't know if I was just lucky or what, but if I need to  have my ps2 serviced for whatever reason I want to do it soon while it's still under warranty, which I think it is.

Damn you  Vice City !!!  But you rock anyway !

Try using a DVD cleaner. They arn't too expensive.
Message 4 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2051 posts

Jun 4, 2003
I've never used cheats and I haven't had a problem with Vice City. Not one freeze up.
Message 5 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 4, 2003
I'm definitely getting a dvd cleaner, thanks guys
Freakin' Sweet !
Message 6 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 4, 2003
just so i dont buy the wrong thing, you guys are talking about a disc that will go into my ps2 go clean it right ?? not to be confused with those special wipes they have to clean cds, i just want to make sure so i dont have to go twice
Freakin' Sweet !
Message 7 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3638 posts

Jun 4, 2003

,Goldberg_Schmoldberg wrote:
just so i dont buy the wrong thing, you guys are talking about a disc that will go into my ps2 go clean it right ?? not to be confused with those special wipes they have to clean cds, i just want to make sure so i dont have to go twice

plz...use the edit button instead of double-posting....and in answer to your guestion by the Game Dr.....it cleans discs.
Message 8 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 4, 2003
I used tons of cheats and I would play hours on end, never locked up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's so many Walgreens today, you're just bound to be in one. -- Me

THE PAST IS INDESTRUCTIBLE

Current game I couldn't put down if I tried:
IndyCar Series

NASCAR fans! Enlighten yourselves and watch an IRL IndyCar Series race! It's for your own good!
Message 9 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jun 5, 2003
mine has only frozen a couple of times....but i put in one of those dvd cleaners and it hasnt froze up since....so i guess thats the best way to go...
anyone in my way is my enemy, so ill step back and drop you w/ 2
Message 10 of 10 (31 Views)
0 Likes