Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 12 2003
By: Gringita709 Treasure Hunter 9154 posts

VC= Beating the "driver"....

7 replies 2 views Edited Jul 12, 2003
well i just got vc yesterday  *hold applause* and i wanna know is there any trick to beating the driver *the guy with a girls name  (cant remember)* they give u this crappy car and then im like the worst driver of life and i lose miserably(sp) to him
Message 1 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2168 posts

Re: VC= Beating the "driver"....

Jul 12, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:
well i just got vc yesterday  *hold applause* and i wanna know is there any trick to beating the driver *the guy with a girls name  (cant remember)* they give u this crappy car and then im like the worst driver of life and i lose miserably(sp) to him

his name is Hilary and this is probabaly one of the hardest missions to beat considering that its a race between a sentinel (you) against a sabre (him). there are several things you can do to beat it. heres a few (just thought i would give you some options):

1. you can park a faster car down the street and once the race begins, you simply drive to your faster car, switch cars and try and speed past Hilary.
2. use the flying cars cheat and once the race begins Hilary should step on the gas and thus fly away or something like that. (i dont recommend this one considering that using cheats causes you not to be able to achieve 100%)
3.  just follow right behind him throughout the race and wait for him to make a mistake, which he often does, and then you pass him quickly (this is the technique i used)
4. when the race begins, get out of your car and shoot up Hilary's car, popping his tires causing him to slow down.
5. get a high wanted level when the race begins, causing the police to spread out spikes to pop tires, thus causing Hilary's tires to pop.
6. follow behind Hliary and slowly bash his car from behind, causing it to swerve to the side and then pass him.  

those are a few of the methods i have heard of to beat this mission. the only real advice i can give you is to keep trying this mission over and over and eventually Hilary will mess up big time or something will happen and you will win. good luck

Message 2 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 12, 2003
DUDE! is there really gonna be another Max Payne...please say NO!
Message 3 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2168 posts

Jul 12, 2003

,ZeRoOrDiE wrote:
DUDE! is there really gonna be another Max Payne...please say NO!

yes and i cant wait for it either. heres the teaser site, which i know you are dying to see

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/

Message 4 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 12, 2003

Ohh yea definatly cant wait for that game,, beacuse the first one was soooooo cool, .

SURE!

Message 5 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jul 12, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:

There are only a couple of corners where you can pass Hillary. You may have noticed that 2 cop cars always shoot out to block the road at the turn after the hospital, well if you are skilled enough, you can take a shortcut through the car-park opposite the hospital and let Hillary get caught in the roadblock, then it's just good driving all the way to the finish. You should take a look at, and practice this shortcut BEFORE doing the race so you know where to aim (you must drive blind through bushes)

If there's a lot of traffic on the last bit of road and you HAVE to hit a streetlamp, then hit it dead center so you won't be thrown left or right into a spin.

Message 6 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1392 posts

Jul 12, 2003

I never had any luck with the hiding a car thing, or trying to shoot his car.

What I did though and it worked quite well, was get a few stars, start the race.  On the first turn to the right I caught his back corner and spun him out, then continued on the race.  Then the cops that were following me helped to take care of him and I won the race with plenty of time.

Message 7 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jul 12, 2003

,Gringita709 wrote:

Well, driving technic is the key to victory. This mission also takes a lot of luck to beat, but as long as you take him out on a turn, or make him collide with another vehicle, you should get a big enough lead. By the way... The Seninal is not crap... It actually has a higher top speed than the Sabre Turbo. The Sabre Turbo just has a faster 0-60.
Message 8 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes