Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 02 2013
By: BEEF_11 Lombax Warrior 239 posts

Update Issues

3 replies 123 views Edited Oct 2, 2013

Just finished the new update for the PS3.  Turned on GTA V to find another update.  When I select the GTA V update my screen goes black and my PS3 freezes.  I have to unplug the thing for it to shut off as holding down the power button doesn't  work.  Should I be concerned?  Options?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: Update Issues

Oct 2, 2013

It's happening to a lot of folks. That exact thing happened to me, and has another time as well.  It's part of the issues they are working on. But I have actually gotten on GTAOnline for a bit today.  I recommend being patiend while R* gets things up to snuff for the online portion, they seem to have a bitten off a tad more than they can chew for a bit.  Things will get better as they finisih installing new servers to handle the massive demand they are experiencing.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (93 Views)
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Good to know, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48582 posts

Oct 3, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

It's happening to a lot of folks. That exact thing happened to me, and has another time as well.  It's part of the issues they are working on. But I have actually gotten on GTAOnline for a bit today.  I recommend being patiend while R* gets things up to snuff for the online portion, they seem to have a bitten off a tad more than they can chew for a bit.  Things will get better as they finisih installing new servers to handle the massive demand they are experiencing.

Thanks for the heads up on that, just in case it happens to me :smileywink:.

You are way more gentle on RockStar than I am man, I feel they totally dropped the ball and failed on that one...regardless of their pre-oct 1st warnings.   I think the 2 weeks from retail release, with the record pre orders, then the 1 week after the first week of record breaking sales, gave them enough time to anticipate a ton of people online.

I still love the game, still think its great, still plan on playing online but I do think rockstar dropped the ball, and dropped it bigtime, on the online part. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes