Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 21 2013
By: mjNichols21 First Son 12 posts

The reason for the GTAV delay...

4 replies 105 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

This just dawned on me... do you think the reason they delayed GTAV was so that they could re-develop the game for the next-gen consoles? I would imagine around the time they announced the delay, that was when both Sony and Microsoft announced privately to developers about their new systems, so maybe Rockstar decided to take the time to make sure they could port GTAV to next-gen, while still making sure the current gen copies were up to par?

Message 1 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Re: The reason for the GTAV delay...

Jun 21, 2013

I read on Wikipedia that a dual generation launch of Grand Theft Auto 5 is unlikely.

Message 2 of 5 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Jun 21, 2013
It's already been discussed that GTAV is only current gen. Rockstar delays a release because they want to get it right.
Message 3 of 5 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Jun 22, 2013

mjNichols21 wrote:

This just dawned on me... do you think the reason they delayed GTAV was so that they could re-develop the game for the next-gen consoles? I would imagine around the time they announced the delay, that was when both Sony and Microsoft announced privately to developers about their new systems, so maybe Rockstar decided to take the time to make sure they could port GTAV to next-gen, while still making sure the current gen copies were up to par?

we will nvr know to be honest,,  but   i do think   gta5 is  going to be on ps4 in  some fashion

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 4 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013
"Developed by series creators Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V will be available worldwide on September 17th for Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3."
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/info
Grand Theft Auto V Information Thread
Message 5 of 5 (52 Views)
0 Likes