Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 21 2011
By: littleheadspin First Son 4 posts

The Reasons Why Multiplayer is frustrating

8 replies 1408 views Edited Jun 21, 2011

I am always on Gta IV. I am only level 4 but thats because I spend most of my time on free-mode. I have got so fedup with Gta online with Idiots that I have to vent, and I also hope that the people making Gta take this post and make the new gta multiplayer better. So here goes...

1. People on TBOGT with buzzards destroy the game for me. Most of the time, I will get some idiot who will constantly kill me (And only kill me) in a buzzard. They will even track me down to the other side of the map. It annoys me so much, they must think its easy to take down buzzards with a pistol after you respawn. .. Obviously they should have made the rockets have a cooldown or just have something like 5 rockets.. and thats it. I cant understand why they made them with infinate rockets with a super fast machine gun.

2. Gta Race sometimes puts me in a race thats just started and you then have to spectate?.It might as well just put a message up saying "No Races Found" or.. even better.. it could just wait until a next race in the lobby finishes and then put me in that.

3. Could you please stop the kick spamming in the next GTA. When you shoot someone and then they send "someone wants to kick littleheadspin" like 5,000 times. Even worse is when they send emails to people telling them to kick me and then I get booted out for nothing. (I know this happends because Ive got emails from people telling me to kick other players when I know its for no reason)

4. Could you give level 10 people something to do. Why for example in a race do they always head for a gun, then sit on a corner and shoot you when you drive past.? Because of this, I always kick level 10 people out.. or try... because you can almost guarantee they will try to have fun at other peoples expense.

5. Could you give number of player stats for lobbys. That way I can enter a game or lobby that has the most players in it. You could put it next to the game type in the phone (So something like.. Deathmatch (23) ). I usualy waste like 30 mins just trying to find a decent game.. and sometimes I never do, so i give up. Also you could gray out lobbies that are dead on the phone, for example I usually find Turf War and Cops & Crooks to be always dead now.. But saying that I never really liked those when I got a chance.

6. You also need to sort out the invite system. Why do people constantly send me invites about 50 times and its constantly beeping. I will get the invite and somtimes I ignore it because im already in a good game.

7. Why on TBOGT or any other DLC (or future DLC for the next gta) cant you also include old guns. For example I love the sub-machine gun in original GTA IV because its the best in cars.. in the TBOGT you have this bigger version which doesnt work in cars and it can be a nightmare to find the other gold sub-machine gun as they have the same Icon. In fact IN MY OPINION most of the TBOGT guns are crap except the sticky bombs.

8. In the next GTA could you put in some chat features, even if its just preset ones which you can press through your phone (because obviously the typing would be a issue). So i can say to my team members "Get in the car" or "I will follow you in the car" or  "Stop to shooting me on NOOSE when we are on the same team"

9. Thats a point, On NOOSE or Team Deathmaches why didnt you auto disable friendly fire? when we are all on the same team. We shouldnt be able to kill each other.. level 10s hint hint.

.. think im finished now. Sorry everyone.. had to vent. I feel better now.

Going to go on gta multiplayer.

Message 1 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: The Reasons Why Multiplayer is frustrating

Jun 21, 2011

Wow, Bro...I think you just need to chill. As you said yourself, you needed to vent. And vent you did. A lot of that stuff that's got you steamed either comes with the territory or can be mitigated on your own.

So, to be honest, I don't think I agree with any of those nine items you suggested. They all seemed to be far too immaterial in the grand scope of things. Like #6, if you can't handle 50 invites then maybe you can try reducing the number of friends you have. Then with your first item...people who will "have fun at others expenses" is just too large a proportion of gameplayers for Rockstar to alienate. After all, the game is called grand theft auto. The underlying theme is to have fun at others expenses. So, I'm sorry you've been frustrated with it - and to a certain extent I empathize with you - but it's just going to be an aspect of the multi-player for a long time.

Also, if you'd like better communication options you can buy a bluetooth earpiece and a wireless keyboard attachment. I think I paid like $10 for my bluetooth (which I've never used); and $40 for my wireless keyboard (which I use on a regular basis).

And when push comes to shove you can always pop in a completely different game into your console. I'd suggest RDR or even RE5. Because those are my two favorite PS3 games.

Longstoryshort....sorry some numnuts on the multiplayer have aggravated you...but Rockstar probably won't give a hoot.

Message 2 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Jun 21, 2011

One thing about multiplayer...

Some people are just on to make your experience pure hell.  You know it because you have done it, everybody has done it.  Snickering while you see the same victim pull off the same moves, knowing steam is coming out from under his collar because this is the 6th time you capped em.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Minds are like Parachutes. They work best when open." -gR3yGh051

Photobucket

"Coronation, Starscream? This is bad comedy!"
Message 3 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Jun 21, 2011
  1. The buzzard is a prototype military attack helicopter (even though the real one was launched in 1963). Except for the infinite ammo, the Buzzard is correctly armed. Use sticky bombs to take down these helicopters. You'll know who can use them properly and who can't.

2. We've been dealing with this since 2008, in both Race and GTA Race. If, for example, I wanted to race, I wouldn't want to be told there are no available races and kicked out to single-player. I'd want to either be put into a new lobby or at least in a lobby with people in it.

3. I usually ignore the people who kick others, and if I can, track them down and physically kick them (if I don't decide to kill them first, which I usually do this instead). For the people who kick me, I usually send all kicking parties involved a "nice" message in the middle of the night, when I'm long forgotten, or I might send them a "nice" picture to go along with it.

4. Level 10's want to have more money than each other. This is how they can get money. And the majority of people I've seen do this are under level 7, I rarely see Lv.10's do this.

5. I always just play whatever game. In the time I could be hitting "Select, X, X" 62 times, I am making $200 before everyone in the room I'm playing in leaves, 17 times.

6. You should consult "people" on why they send you that many invites.

7. I agree with the TBoGT weapon lineup being worse than the GTA IV weapons (except the auto-shottie, P90 on foot, DSR-1 in MP, and the grenade launcher, even though it was a TLaD weapon), but you can use the GTA IV weapons if the weapons class is not set to "Episodic". They spawn less often than the episodic weapons, but you can use them.

8. You could always use the voice chat feature, however, based on what I've seen lately, less than 30% of the online population have active headsets. Something like the command feature in MGO or like the gesture menu in Portal 2 co-op could be useful, but if they're audio commands, like kick-spamming, it could become more of a problem than three of the problems you want solved combined.

9. I always play with FF on. If someone on my team wants to kill me, let them. They lose $100 every time they kill me. Or anyone else on our team. Speaking of which, aren't free mode games usually played with FF on?
Message 4 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 21, 2011

lol I know rockstar probably wouldnt give a **** but i didnt want to direct my fury at everyone on here. (:

ah cool, well ive learnt a lot of new tips from the post above^ so thanks for that

Message 5 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Jun 22, 2011

I will say that I think R* has completely given up on fixing GTA IV. Especially after the big multiplayer bug fix they were going to perform in 2008 or 2009 that was never fully fixed, especially the last two:

- Changed countdown timer in lobby so that it no longer resets when new players join a game.

- Changed the kick option so that kicked players are no longer brought back to single player.

I think the last PS3 patch was in early 2010 when the DLC was released for the PS3. I doubt Rockstar will release any more GTA IV patches, even though the game still has numerous bugs in both single player and multiplayer.

Message 6 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 1, 2011

I do kinda wish though that they would fix the Kick thing so you can ONLY say it once, stuck at kick or not, I swear the constant "(Name) wants to kick (Name)" has me going from what I was doing, to tracking down and killing the one saying they wanna kick someone, it is annoying >_>.

NOTE: Twilight in name refers to Light and Darkness being called Twilight, NOT those Movies/Books......I hate those things >.>.
Message 7 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3029 posts

Jul 10, 2011

I find more Level 0-6 griefing coop games than 7+. As for racing, it's fun but I'm not into it. People lag and bump you off the road, and if you are winning, the others just rage quit and that devalues your winning money... My biggest issue is Free Roam, people treat it like a Deathmatch even with Friendly Fire off. It's annoys the shit out of me, go play a damn DEATHMATCH!

If killing people in Free Roam (Cops, players) did actually make you money, I would love to play GTA IV more often.

One thing I'm curious about though, is why are there so many Saudis playing GTA IV? I've never seen so many intercontinental players before in a single game.

Message 8 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Jul 15, 2011

littleheadspin wrote:

3. Could you please stop the kick spamming in the next GTA. When you shoot someone and then they send "someone wants to kick littleheadspin" like 5,000 times. Even worse is when they send emails to people telling them to kick me and then I get booted out for nothing. (I know this happends because Ive got emails from people telling me to kick other players when I know its for no reason)

That one annoys the hell out of me and its like they would never stop back and fourth back and fourth.

I mean yeah its good for ppl to use it as a reference on who should be attacked but.... ppl abuse it too much.

Message 9 of 9 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes