Jun 20 2003
By: CurtisMonks~ Ghost of Sparta 17939 posts

The Driver - PLEASE HELP!!!

9 replies 9 views Edited Jun 20, 2003
For crying out loud! I was so close, and BANG! 2 cops came outta no where and knocked me around, and I LOST! I can NEVER win this mission! Damn it! I even waited at the end with a rocket launcher, and he STILL didn't die. His car is invincible. How the **bleep** do I beat this mission?!? ANY help you have will help. Please tell me how you beat it. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Re: The Driver - PLEASE HELP!!!

Jun 20, 2003

CurtisMonks wrote:
For crying out loud! I was so close, and BANG! 2 cops came outta no where and knocked me around, and I LOST! I can NEVER win this mission! Damn it! I even waited at the end with a rocket launcher, and he STILL didn't die. His car is invincible. How the **bleep** do I beat this mission?!? ANY help you have will help. Please tell me how you beat it. Thank you!

just for my information, is that when you race that big dude, like named Hilary King? ... and if so, why do the police chase you? (just curious for when he starts those missions)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 20, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:

,CurtisMonks wrote:

just for my information, is that when you race that big dude, like named Hilary King? ... and if so, why do the police chase you? (just curious for when he starts those missions)

Yes, his name is Hilary King. The police chase you because your illegally street racing.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5644 posts

Jun 20, 2003
Just keep trying over and over, i got lucky on about my 6th try and he hit a tree at the finish line and i past him

Socom Name: Technologic*
Server: Canada West
Clan Site
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jun 20, 2003

CurtisMonks wrote:

multimediaman wrote:

Yes, his name is Hilary King. The police chase you because your illegally street racing.

that's what I was wondering about ... that's kinda ironic, since most people drive like complete junk in the game anyway rofl

well, I heard someone mention once that if you can ram him into a corner and pull him out of the car and beat him up or something, or just take his car ... not sure if that's very doable though o_O
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 20, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:

,CurtisMonks wrote:

,multimediaman wrote:

that's what I was wondering about ... that's kinda ironic, since most people drive like complete junk in the game anyway rofl

well, I heard someone mention once that if you can ram him into a corner and pull him out of the car and beat him up or something, or just take his car ... not sure if that's very doable though o_O

lol, his car doors are locked I believe I am thinking about putting in the Dodo cheat, because then he flies away, and I can win the coarse easy as heck! But iunno...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 20, 2003
I BEAT IT! I JUST BEAT IT! No cheats, and he didn't even crash! Man, I'm skilled, lol
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 20, 2003

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile since I've done The Driver --

Isn't Hilary's car a Sabre Turbo? Why not pick one up from Sunshine Auto?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 20, 2003

,LearnStartDo wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile since I've done The Driver --

Isn't Hilary's car a Sabre Turbo? Why not pick one up from Sunshine Auto?

Because you don't get to chose your car. And even when the race starts, it wastes too much time changing cars.

Also, I said above that I beat the mission. Thanks anyways though

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 20, 2003

CurtisMonks wrote:

Because you don't get to chose your car. And even when the race starts, it wastes too much time changing cars.

Also, I said above that I beat the mission. Thanks anyways though

Perhaps I misunderstood the posting -- I'm always trying to save cars that are rare (I've got the Love Fist Limo, Gold Stretch, Romero's Hearse, Zebra Taxi, two Barrack's OL, five FBI Ranchers) -- along that same line of thinking, I recalled Hilary's car being a Sabre Turbo, which as you know can be picked up at Sunshine Autos. I wasn't concerned with the race itself...sry
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (9 Views)
0 Likes