Fender Bender
4741 posts

Re: Stupid Hillary King!!

Jul 2, 2003

,jeeves wrote:
the sentinel has a higher top speed than the sabre turbo so just watch traffic.  you don't have to get out in front at the start.  just be a cautious driver and wait for him to mess up and you will win.  patience and a little luck should do him in

the sentinel is way slower than the Sabre Turbo.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jul 2, 2003

,Spider X wrote:

,jeeves wrote:
the sentinel has a higher top speed than the sabre turbo so just watch traffic.  you don't have to get out in front at the start.  just be a cautious driver and wait for him to mess up and you will win.  patience and a little luck should do him in

the sentinel is way slower than the Sabre Turbo.

No, it's faster than the Sabre Turbo. The Sabre Turbo has a faster accileration, but that's it. The Sentinel is much faster overall.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3631 posts

Jul 3, 2003
I just spin him out after the first turn and leave him behind with a concusion
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5428 posts

Jul 3, 2003

,jeeves wrote:

are you insane? the sentinal in gta 3 was goo,d the sentinal in vc isnt as good, it is REALLY slow compared to sabre turbo.

so back to your problem. well, i have no tips, i got VERY FRUSTRATED on this mission too. but one time, he crashed into a tree head on, and that was just luck, it was smooth sailing from tehre.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jul 3, 2003

,Willior47 wrote:

,jeeves wrote:

are you insane? the sentinal in gta 3 was goo,d the sentinal in vc isnt as good, it is REALLY slow compared to sabre turbo.

so back to your problem. well, i have no tips, i got VERY FRUSTRATED on this mission too. but one time, he crashed into a tree head on, and that was just luck, it was smooth sailing from tehre.

Jeeves is right. The Sentinal has a higher top speed. The Sabre Turbo only has a faster accileration. So if you raced the 2 down a straight road, from north to south, the Sentinel would win. It would probably over-take the Sabre Turbo less than half way through the race!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jul 3, 2003

Willior47 wrote:

jeeves wrote:

Sabre Turbo
Top speed : 180 Km/h
Acceleration : 32 (not sure what on earth units that is)

Sentinel
Top speed : 165 Km/h
Acceleration : 24

sorry ppl the wet blanket strikes again lol

however, there are strategies to make him have an accident while driving, the Pit maneuver can work okay sometimes, especially if he's behind a tree... also, the police are after him, so it's probably a good idea to let him go in front of you in the intersections, becuase quite often, there will be police that just rocket out of no where and hit whoever's in the intersection ...

unless we're talking about a sentinel XS or whatever, then the top speed is 200 Km/h and the acceleration is 24... in that case, it shouldn't be too hard to pass him on straight-ways
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jul 3, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:

,Willior47 wrote:

,jeeves wrote:

Sabre Turbo

Sentinel

however, there are strategies to make him have an accident while driving, the Pit maneuver can work okay sometimes, especially if he's behind a tree... also, the police are after him, so it's probably a good idea to let him go in front of you in the intersections, becuase quite often, there will be police that just rocket out of no where and hit whoever's in the intersection ...

unless we're talking about a sentinel XS or whatever, then the top speed is 200 Km/h and the acceleration is 24... in that case, it shouldn't be too hard to pass him on straight-ways

You're crazy, lol. I know for a fact the Sentinel is faster overall. The Brady Games strategy guide says so, and I've driven both cars, the the Sentinel, when it hits its top speed, is faster.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4465 posts

Jul 3, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:

,Willior47 wrote:

,jeeves wrote:

Sabre Turbo

Sentinel

how the HELL do you find mph in a video game?   are you crazy?  cause i'd really like to know

Message Edited by jeeves on 07-02-2003 09:39 PM

Uh, something you do when you're fire resistant...

~Del
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jul 3, 2003

,jeeves wrote:

,multimediaman wrote:

,Willior47 wrote:

,jeeves wrote:

Sabre Turbo

Sentinel

how the HELL do you find mph in a video game?   are you crazy?  cause i'd really like to know,

Message Edited by jeeves on 07-02-2003 09:39 PM

I think he made them up. Or found them on a website... Either way, they had to have been made up
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5428 posts

Jul 3, 2003
yeah but, it just seems really slow the sentinal, the sabre turbo has hte word TURBO in it. come one!!

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (6 Views)
0 Likes