Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2003
By: CurtisMonks~ Ghost of Sparta 17939 posts

Street Racing Thingy

12 replies 17 views Edited Jun 4, 2003
You know that mission for the Malibu where you have to street race that fat guy (I forget his name), anyways, they give you that piece of crap car against his fast car... How do you beat that mission?!? I have the hardest time with it! I need all the help I can get, so please give lots of tips and details. Thank you.
Message 1 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2051 posts

Re: Street Racing Thingy

Jun 4, 2003

His name is Phil Cassidy, he's driving a Sabre Turbo and you drive a Sentinel.

Sometimes, if you're lucky enough, he'll lose control at some point in the race. Also have you tried ramming him? Hit his rear bumper at an angle, or when he's turning a corner and it'll spin him around. Just keep trying.

Message 2 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
411 posts

Jun 4, 2003
Its not Phil Cassidy, hes the shot gun dude right before the street racer, although I cant remember his name..... The think I did to beat him was when you come to the first sharp left turn, up the street, trap him into the building by trying to force him into it...then quickly get out of your car and try to knock out a few tires.... 1 is a neccessity, and 2 is great.... then hurry up and finish the race.... Cheap: Yes    Cheat: No
Signature Removed by Admin. Please observe the signature guidelines. 150 pixels high by 520 pixels wide.
Message 3 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 4, 2003

,T2oo5 wrote:
Its not Phil Cassidy, hes the shot gun dude right before the street racer, although I cant remember his name..... The think I did to beat him was when you come to the first sharp left turn, up the street, trap him into the building by trying to force him into it...then quickly get out of your car and try to knock out a few tires.... 1 is a neccessity, and 2 is great.... then hurry up and finish the race.... Cheap: Yes    Cheat: No

Can you just kill him/blow his car up? lol
Message 4 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jun 4, 2003
The safest thing to do is just race and not try to spin him out although if you get a chance to dont think twice dont hit his car do what the police do in those car chases on fox and just clip his car this will cause just him to lose control and not you trust me ive practiced it and used this method several times in the game
visit my website at gtauniverse0.tripod.com
Message 5 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5151 posts

Jun 4, 2003
His name is Hillary. When you get to the first turn ( Raphaels clothing store ) Just stay close and ram him into the building. He'll spin out. As long as you don't mess up you'll beat him easily.
Message 6 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2051 posts

Jun 4, 2003

,PJPlaya wrote:
His name is Hillary. ,

That's it. He's "the other fat guy".

Message 7 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 4, 2003

,PJPlaya wrote:
His name is Hillary. When you get to the first turn ( Raphaels clothing store ) Just stay close and ram him into the building. He'll spin out. As long as you don't mess up you'll beat him easily.

Ah, that's a good tip. Thank you everyone! Anyone elses tips would be appriciated also
Message 8 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jun 4, 2003

,CurtisMonks wrote:
You know that mission for the Malibu where you have to street race that fat guy (I forget his name), anyways, they give you that piece of crap car against his fast car... How do you beat that mission?!? I have the hardest time with it! I need all the help I can get, so please give lots of tips and details. Thank you.

Oh you mean the mission called "The Driver". I beat this mission, BUT by luck. Hilary slammed into a cop car and hitting the side of the building. What I did was got out of my car and popped one of his tires. That's how I was able to beat him. This mission wasn't my favorite missions, but I'm glad to have gotten over it.

"If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use." - Kira Yamato
Message 9 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Jun 5, 2003
I completed that level today.Man it was hard but very fun.I first try to blow up his car, but his car was fast and i didnt get a chance. I Ramed him in the corner of a tree, he got stuck,while and i went to the finish line and beat that guy.it took me about 6 or 7 tries.
GUESS WHO'S BACK ! ! ! HU HU HA HA HAHAHAHA ! ! !
Message 10 of 13 (17 Views)
0 Likes