Sackboy
458 posts

Re: Spam control

Jul 30, 2003
yeah i was on alot, see i've been part of this board for about 6 months, i did some posting when i started and then i got tired of this place and just two days ago i got interested in it again so i started psoting but i couldn't stop, i sorta got addicted. but i'm better.
GTA GOD
GAMER ADVISORY PANEL MEMBER
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jul 30, 2003

to anyone who was not quoting:

a lot of posting is considered questionable behavior, and makes people view you as a spammer if almost every single message has your name as the last person who replied to the message... but if you don't quote the person you're talking to, it is very hard to tell who the person is talking to, and can get quite annoying quite fast... if you're in IE 5.5 or higher, click the quote button that looks like a little dialogue bubble used in comic strips... if you're in IE5.0 or lower, click the quote post button above the text window.

Message Edited by multimediaman on 07-29-2003 09:54 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jul 30, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:
,null,

to anyone who was not quoting:

a lot of posting is considered questionable behavior, and makes people view you as a spammer if almost every single message has your name as the last person who replied to the message... but if you don't quote the person you're talking to, it is very hard to tell who the person is talking to, and can get quite annoying quite fast... if you're in IE 5.5 or higher, click the quote button that looks like a little dialogue bubble used in comic strips... if you're in IE5.0 or lower, click the quote post button above the text window.,

Message Edited by multimediaman on 07-29-2003 09:54 PM

You mean this: ? Now isn't that much easier than describing it?
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jul 30, 2003
now that i look at the posts i see what you mean
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3631 posts

Jul 30, 2003

,MIG102355 wrote:
now that i look at the posts i see what you mean

When you reply to someone use this button. It will quote what they said and they will know who you were talking to.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2072 posts

Jul 30, 2003
i posyed alot too but i wasnt posting just to bump up my rank or anything sorry if I got annoying
¿ˆÜ{$TTôħ4““9ËØ"c;:d<ÜJf;:ËeBo_!]B:
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jul 30, 2003

,ford500 wrote:
yeah i was on alot, see i've been part of this board for about 6 months, i did some posting when i started and then i got tired of this place and just two days ago i got interested in it again so i started psoting but i couldn't stop, i sorta got addicted. but i'm better.

You got tired of the board so you left fo awhile. Ok I understand cause I get tired of going to boards sometimes too. extremly when its being Spamed!!

So you got tired of the board left for awhile then came back and spamed it?

When the board gets spamed like it has been it  makes it hard for the majority of the posters here that dont sit and wait to reply to evrey post with garbage to keep up with the topics.

What Iam trying to say is I will post somthing and have no ideal where it has gone when I come back the fallowing day.

So have some respect for people playing the game that need advice or have somthing to share.

What you guys were doing is uncalled for and I think you guys didnt have it made clear enough to you.

thats all.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (3 Views)
0 Likes