Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1365 posts

Re: Rockstar seeks player suggestions for GTA5 multiplayer

Oct 27, 2012
Hey GOW71! How's Starhawk been?

I'm glad to see a developer reaching out to its community before jumping into MP development. If only more devs had open ears.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

My suggestion would be to abandon multiplayer, focus entirely on single-player, and in that craft a worthwhile Grand Theft Auto experience. Many people were letdown by Grand Theft Auto IV. It would be a shame if the fifth installment were to follow the same pattern.

Ha-haaaaaa.

Although I totally agree that they need to spend more time focusing on making single player fun, I do not think they should scrap MP.  Yes, it's true that GTAIV's single player campaign was a horrendous setback. In fact, it was such a step-in-the-flawed direction that one could make an argument that they should not spend time focusing on it (in favor of retrieving the game engine from GTA:smileyfrustrated:A).

The one thing that semi-saved GTAIV from getting a 'D' in my gradebook was the multiplayer. It was actually fun. There was so much mayhem; the gameplay was better (driving, running, jumping, shooting, etc.), the missions were cool; it was just fun. Plus, it makes great business sense to have a multiplayer aspect to a video game because it will inspire early purchases.

So, I don't think it would be wise for me to spend this entire post constructing a reason for keeping Multiplayer. I think - despite how slightly funny & largely valid the idea was - it's a needed feature for this franchise.

Let me see if I can spark something here as far as MP suggestions...

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (749 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Actual Suggestions For GTAV Multiplayer

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

Disclaimer: I view MP as a lesser piece to a video game. Though, I don't mind having that idea changed. Hint hint.

• MISSIONS
  • WEAPONS
  • VEHICLES
  • CHARACTERS
  • RACING
  • EVENTS/TOURNAMENTS

MISSIONS:

Some of the multiplayer missions in GTAIV were great. I can only think of a few of them since I haven't touched the game in so long: The Save Petrovic mission (at the airport, against the SWAT team) was awesome. The cops & robbers one was cool (although, I thought it left something to be desired). Basically, I like the tried-&-true themes of heists, getaways, mayhem, good-vs-bad, rescue, gang warfare, quick draw, etc. How cool would it be to have an impromptu quick draw during Free Roam against another person (and then the winner gets the opponent's car)? Anyways, I trust R* and the community to come up with some concrete mission ideas. In my opinion, though, I think the canned Missions are the top priorities for MP.

WEAPONS:

Gatling Guns, Cannonballs, Bombs, etc. First off, the weapons they had in GTAIV multiplayer were pretty **bleep** good - from what I remember. So, they're probably off to a good start.

However, how about allowing Weapon Attributes & Weapon Customizations? Sort of like in GTA:smileyfrustrated:A where your gun skills & gunplay advanced as you improved. The dual pistol, the dual shotty, the dual Tec-9. Oh, the carnage!

All in all, I'm sure more can be done in this area. And I think it's a piece to the overall GTA gaming that would add to the hours of fun.

VEHICLES:

Yeah, I think more can be done in this area of GTA Multiplayer. More cars, more varied cars... ...and maybe most importantly: More Passengers.

How awesome would it be to steal a van, pickup about 7 or 8 of your homeboys, pack most of them in the back, drive to your enemies area, then unleash terror on their neighborhood? That sounds real awesome to me. Anyways, I think a lot of people would enjoy being able to load more than just 3 other players in a vehicle.

Prison Bus, German U-Boat, Predator Drone, Attack Helicopter, Hydra, Humvys, Larger Tanks.

Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Formula One Race Cars (how about I do a drive-by in Downtown Los Santos - Jeff Gordon style)

Bicycles, Seadoos, Skateboards

Yeah, well, I think more/cooler vehicles is universal for the next GTA. Most importantly, though, I think having more passengers will yield the most fun for multiplayer.

CHARACTERS:

Clan Allegiances (you can get recruited into gangs/clans/mobs and represent them whenever you log on). This way, your team/clan can rise up in power as you put in work everyday. Individually or grouped Multiplayer work-putting-inning.

Player Attributes. I think this is huge. I think most gamers like the skill building aspect of GTA. People prefer the battles to be less of a game of chance, and more of a game of skill. How about your character become faster/more athletic, more accurate, stronger, more stealthier as determined by your gameplay?

RACING

Yeah, the racing is pretty cool on Multiplayer. Hopefully, they can expand this for GTAV.

How about not allowing everyone to choose the same car (that Porsche 911 that everyone chooses)? How about having vehicle garages where people only have access to certain cars which they've obtained (in legal/illegal ways)? How about racing at a speedway?

EVENTS/TOURNAMENTS

I think Playstation announces online gaming events for people. I've yet to do one (timing), but I think Rockstar should do this as well (maybe they already have).

Rockstar could have online tournaments where they'll give winners certain things for their game/system. I don't know.

Well, that's all I have for now. Some of this makes me want to play GTAIV, but then I remember how annoying the most routine things are. So, maybe I'll pop in GTA:smileyfrustrated:A to relive the good times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make GTAV fun, R*. There's so much potential. Please make the player movements more fluid & rapid. Please fix the steering. Please bring back all of those taxi/vigilante/fireman/paramedic/pimping/delivering/hitmen/all-around-fun side missions from GTA:smileyfrustrated:A & VC. Please stop with the repetitive horrendousness of GTAIV single player. Maybe it's only possible if you'd drop that exBox and come back to your home. She's only slowing you down. Nobody's going to like you if you let them down twice.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (748 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Nov 3, 2012

i found gta 4 to be alrite, but in my opinion my favorite gamewas san andreas, honestly they should keep multiplayer an option but focus in a lil more on the story or campaign mode as they say. the gta 4 story WAS WAY TOO SHORT, AND EASY, so they should make a longer and more challenging story line , with quite a few twists alongs the way.  btw whos preordern gta V.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 23, 2012

My idea is to bring a game mode that is sort of related to the robery missions that we had in gta S.A it could become a very fun game mode to play. you can have 2-4 teams or crews all rob the same place (like a big mansion for example) each team can have up to 4 players least being 2 and each team can have a strategy that they can create so they can see if it works or not so say team 1 wants 2 people grabbing the goods while 2 people defend them so they don't get shot, while team 2 is having 3 people steal and 1 defend so you can have strategies against other players to see which team used their strategy the best. you could simply go 4 people rob but then you have no people defending meaning they are going to die. like the robery missions in S.A your holding items making it impossible to have your gun out meaning you need people to watch your back. and when you finish the game everyone on your team gets a share of the cash they got and the people who risked their neck to grab the items get more cash meaning people can swap out or people can basically "pick a class" for example say im a really good defender eventually by playing enough and saving alot of my crews lives I get as much if not more then what they get and if im a good theif I can get even more cash per item bringing my team more cash but thats by playing the game mode alot and strategies to form. Also this cash you get at the end of the game everyone will get a share to put towards buying clothes for their online char bringing a unique customize look to our chars when we play and cash can also go towards upgrading the crews hideout (you know in gta4 the warehouse everyone starts at in private matches) you could have something like that but you can upgrade it however you want bringing crews their very own customized warehouses that can offer so much. Hope you like my idea I have alot more if anyone is interested in them. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (598 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 9, 2013
lmao online play is what saved the last 3 gta's they released, keep online play , add more things to do, more.open world more open.buildings, more cars, freemode is a must STAY if u guys dont like gta there are always other srry games to.play gta is here to stay,
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Leeeave the gameplay the same as gta4

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I personally would like the ability to start my own mp session from scratch with settings that I choose rather than just getting thrown into an already-active session all the time lol. This is the only regret I have about upgrading my router...when I had my old router connected, I would get disconnected due to my NAT Type being too strict (or) one or more people would get disconnected which would also toss me back to single-player...so then I would have to go unplug /re-plug my router and I would be able to start my own session with MY settings lol. Of course, I don't object to others joining me lol.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Would be nice to do multiplayer with say 4 in a crew and do missions,, and be nice to turn on/off lock aim,,, 3rd person works for me,,, but all in all knowing Rockstar and all the games they have made GTA V will rock,, GTA IV was a little to dark for me,,, wish Rockstar could just upgrade San Andreas with CJ for the PS3,, thanks,, Vlad

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (500 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 14, 2013

my idea for gta 5 would be to be able to have a list of gangs in mutiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (325 Views)
0 Likes