Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 22 2013
By: KingHackenslash Hekseville Citizen 320 posts

Rockstar does not listen to the players.

9 replies 197 views Edited Oct 22, 2013

Since the first big online patch, I have not been able to advance single player story mode. I opened a support ticket  on Rockstar support and all they have done was send me stock answers on how to fix it, witch I tryed and did not work, so then I told them that, then they sent me  a stock answer on how they are fixing ONLINE issues. I told them, for like the 3rd time that it is an offline single player issue. I just got an email from Rockstar saying since they have not heard from in in 7 days, they think my issue is resolved. I messaged them again saying its not resolved. I reminded them that I did message them 7 days ago after they sent me a stock answer on what they are to fix the online issues. Even thou I have told them a number of times in this ticket report that this is an offline, single player issue. I am really glad Rockstar is listening to the issues the players have been having. This has been the single worst video/ computer game experence I have ever had.

Message 1 of 10 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Re: Rockstar does not listen to the players.

Oct 22, 2013

whats your issue, where are you in the single player story and why cant you advance

Message 2 of 10 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 22, 2013

W_W_Heisenberg wrote:

whats your issue, where are you in the single player story and why cant you advance

The last mission I did in single player was "eye in the sky". Then all of a sudden after the first big patch that helped online I can't do any missions because there are no mission icons on my map. I can switch between all 3 characters. I even go to where I know I should be able to start missions and there is no icon on ground to walk on to start missions. I am not in the middle of any mission. I tryed waiting for a phone call with all 3 characters, tryed every character calling every contact in phones. Nothing is triggering a mission and there are no place to go on the map for a mission.

Message 3 of 10 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Oct 23, 2013

KingHackenslash wrote:

W_W_Heisenberg wrote:

The last mission I did in single player was "eye in the sky". Then all of a sudden after the first big patch that helped online I can't do any missions because there are no mission icons on my map. I can switch between all 3 characters. I even go to where I know I should be able to start missions and there is no icon on ground to walk on to start missions. I am not in the middle of any mission. I tryed waiting for a phone call with all 3 characters, tryed every character calling every contact in phones. Nothing is triggering a mission and there are no place to go on the map for a mission.

by any chance are you trying to save the lester assination missions to the end? because you have to play the first one to advance the story?

you say nothing on the ground to start the mission, does that mean there is a letter on the map but when you go to it there is not yellow mark?

Message 4 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 23, 2013

I've done a few of the lester missions, not all of them. 

There is nothing on the map, and no yellow mark on the ground. I have the guide and went to places to start missions that should be there but nothing.

Message 5 of 10 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3226 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2013

Look, I'm sorry to say, but after many hundreds of hours of modding Skyrim, I know that patches cause errors in missions/quests. The issues are in the way these games save. If they patch a mission and your data has some old information saved, it can glitch out. All you can do is start a new game. This might not be what you want to hear, but this is the way software is. Or, you can wait and see if the next patch fixes it. Good luck.

It sounds like there was a failure to load a script. This is why you should have a few backup saves that start you somewhere where you can backtrack and try again. If you do not have any backups, then you probably won't be able to fix it because it is a console game. On PC, there are sometimes ways around these issues like if the game allows console commands.

Message 6 of 10 (119 Views)
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Oct 23, 2013

try goin to one of their houses.  that might trigger something.

Message 7 of 10 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 26, 2013

SFBryan18 wrote:

This is why you should have a few backup saves that start you somewhere where you can backtrack and try again. If you do not have any backups, then you probably won't be able to fix it because it is a console game.

Thing is I had 2 saves, the auto save and another slot where I saved from time to time. The patch screwed up both saves at the same time, I could'nt continue. I deleted those and started over, but don't think I'll get to where I was by the time the PS4 comes out.

Message 8 of 10 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25210 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Maybe you're not the only one having this problem, and the more time they spend talking to you the less time they have to actually FIX it.

Message 9 of 10 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3226 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Well, I looked up the missions and the next one you were supposed to get was for Franklin and it involves going to the movie studio to steal a car. This mission is given to him by Molly. You probably already know this. If the mission failed to trigger, you can try going to your safe house and saving. The passage of time might trigger the phone call. If this doesn't work, then it's bugged and probably can't be fixed.

Message 10 of 10 (37 Views)
0 Likes