Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 11 2013
By: Kills4Guns First Son 15 posts

Quick Question

3 replies 65 views Edited Aug 11, 2013

I have always wondered when is the right time to pedal brake and when is the time to handbrake. The only time I ever use the handbrake is when I need to do a 180 or make a quick stop, whenever I try to use it when turning I find myself losing too much momentum or I end up spinning out. So I guess my question might be how do I properly use the handbrake? I am not new to driving games, but I always seem to have this problem in them. Any tips would be well appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (65 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29489 posts

Re: Quick Question

Aug 12, 2013

well i use the regular break during races and gta races online.

i use the regular break to slow down a little btit and the emergency break to slow down faster

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

Aug 12, 2013

it comes with the time, I rarely use normal brake. Sometimes I will handbrake in a straight line for like 2-3 sec before taking the turn...

the trick is really when releasing the handbrake, this is where you'll see a difference between over sterring and a perfect drift. It comes with the time where you can manage the speed, the weight of the car and the perfect angle to kick the gas back.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Pedal break to slow down during races or if I wanted to "drift" in some corners and handbrake if I want to turn 180 just like what you said when some crazy person is chasing me and trying to kill me. If you want to turn quick without losing so much control, try slowing down a bit (just a tiny bit) when you are approaching the turn and then hit the breaks while pressing on the gas. It works for me when I play GTA Race and I always get first place. It depends on people though.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (23 Views)
0 Likes