Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 27 2013
By: VanD622 Sackboy 438 posts

Profitable (approx. $53k) Racing Club/Tourney Proposal

[ Edited ]
12 replies 142 views Edited Oct 29, 2013

I've been racing the past few days and yes the majority of racers are complete jerks but it's GTA, so we can only complain so much, but I was in a 16 person racing game that was a primarily clean race and it was incredibly fun. 

The value is that in a 16 person game if every player bets the max $2500, the winner can potentially win as much something like $40,000 in betting money alone – if I understand the betting system correctly. In addition to the 1st place money. 

That on the table, I'd totally be willing to take part in/organize (a completely private) racing club where it's required to bet that much and maybe with a couple other light rules as well. (Maybe a 2 or 3 strike system for dirty players, or no rules at all.)  

I could honestly see doing some sort of high stakes racing event daily/nightly for the more serious racers if something like this doesn't already exist.

Thoughts? Did I miss anything? Good idea/Bad Idea?
(Or has someone beat me to it?)

**Update 10.28.13**

So I've been more or less organizing this in a few different forums and on PSN as well, people are into it – especially the money. I went ahead and made a quick (work in progress) website, as a single place to keep information organized at:

http://thegrandprixevent.dznly.com/   (url will change in roughly the next 72hrs)

In any case, thanks anyone who expressed interest, I'm excited to get this under way. I will say – this will probably become private very soon with the amount of people I've been talking to, so if you're interested in either just racing for fun or for the money let me know asap!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (142 Views)
VP of Gaming
28954 posts

Re: Profitable (approx. $53k) Racing Club/Tourney Proposal

Oct 28, 2013

actually sounds cool is it alowed here though?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Oct 28, 2013
I don't see why it wouldn't be. It's no different than organizing players to get together and play in any other game section. It doesn't have to be billed as a tournament either, it's just that it is racing so it's competitive by nature and we all want to make more money.

I think the only concern is getting the word out and generating enough interest for people to play. Though I think if everything is lined out exactly people will be more apt to join, though I'll probably post around different forums as these forums (since the old old revamp) have scared a few people way it seems.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4742 posts

Oct 28, 2013

What's the average someone wins for coming in 1st place in a 16 player race if the lobby is full? Just out of curiosity.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (95 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28954 posts

Oct 28, 2013

i wonder too but full lobby sounds too much organizing good question tho

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

What's the average someone wins for coming in 1st place in a 16 player race if the lobby is full? Just out of curiosity.

In a 16 person lobby, the winner receives $13,600 usually.

I say usually because I've noticed a bit of an anomaly where people disconnect or leave the race and the winner only gets $10,000. That said, the money wouldn't really come from the provided prize money, it would come from the bets – with a $2,500 bet (maybe a lower minimum) it could add up to $40,000. That is to say unless R* has capped betting returns, I haven't been the winner of a 16 person, $2,500 bet race so I wouldn't know yet.

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i wonder too but full lobby sounds too much organizing good question tho

Valid concern Hitman, I'm considering making a smaller race option because 16 people can be hectic, though not every race even allows for that many participants anyway, so it might be on a case by case basis regardless. I've organized and been apart of organizing online events  (on other games) so I'm not too worried about that part. The most important thing is interest and showing up.

-------------
As for a status update on this, I've talked to a few others and been on a couple other forums (one to no avail as of yet) but I've received some interest and went ahead and made a crew for it.
*At this point if people see this thread and are interested they can do any of the following:
Add me on PSN: VanD622
and/or add me on Socialclub: VanD622
and/or request an invite to the crew: The Grand Prix Event
*You can contact me on Skype too:  Vandgfx
The soonest I will be available to go about updating things contacting and confirming requests will be tomorrow evening though. I have a few invites sitting there already, but I'll just wait for everyone who already told me they were interested.
:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4742 posts

Oct 28, 2013

You can win 13k just by having 4 people in a race and coming first. Seems like a lot of work really and I always forget to bet. If the prize money went up with so many players then maybe I would have been up for this, but it doesn't seem so.

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2013

I guess I could have reworded to be more clear sorry. You win $13,600 from winning by default. And by winning and getting the bet money you would win $40,000 for a total of $53,000. Which is more than you can win doing anything on GTA V right now (at least until we get heists.)

Note that is with 16 players, but even in a race with less players in a private dedicated game void of nonsense, at least to me it seems worth it – if not for the money then for the fun of racing without the trolls in a controlled environment.

I understand it could be a fair amount of work, but I'm aware gamers would like a pretty solid framework in front of them for something like this and I, or my partners would be doing that work. Participants would just have to show up and place their bets.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (74 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28954 posts

Oct 28, 2013

50,000 for one race ? so everyone would let someone win and then take turns or what?

and then make it a 1 lap race?

i think i might sign up i dont have a mic though

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Oct 28, 2013
Ninjablaze2k9 hit me up I'd b down
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (48 Views)