Apr 14 2010
By: sigjuice Splicer 64 posts

PSN vs disc differences

14 replies 173 views Edited Apr 14, 2010

I have read through a lot of forum posts but still do not have a clear answer.  Most people cite the differences on the "other console'.

Can anyone provide a list of differences between the *PS3* disc and DLC?  Is there some official information with the definitive answer somewhere?

Message 1 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Re: PSN vs disc differences

Apr 15, 2010

well one is a hard copy and one is not...lol jk

you get 3 new radio stations on the disc....

Message 2 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Apr 15, 2010

IF you buy it on PSN, you need GTA4 in the Disc Drive to play it. If you buy it on DISC, then you can just use that, you don't need GTA4.

Message 3 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 15, 2010

Microshock wrote:

IF you buy it on PSN, you need GTA4 in the Disc Drive to play it. If you buy it on DISC, then you can just use that, you don't need GTA4.

Are there any differences in content and gameplay? I have heard that there are some radio stations are different.  Do we know which ones?  Any other differences besides radio stations?

Message 4 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
948 posts

Apr 15, 2010

Disk is usually better

Message 5 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 15, 2010

Rokkafellah10 wrote:

Disk is usually better

Personally, I don't care about disc vs DLC.  I am trying to find which one is better in terms of content.  People here mention that the disc has new radio stations, but some old stations are missing.  I am trying to figure out exactly what before I buy.

Message 6 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Apr 15, 2010

Here's What you need to know mate: 

GTA Episodes From Liberty City (Disc):

1. You get 3 brand new radio stations that you can't get in GTA 4 or PSN store DLC, with the radio stations in both DLC Episodes as well but not GTA 4's radio stations.
2. You do not need the original GTA 4 disc. 

PSN Store DLC: 

1. You can combine the new radio staions in TLAD & TBoGT with GTA 4's but you don't get 3 brand new radio stations as you do with EFLC disc.

2. You need the original GTA 4 disc.

hh__66
Message 7 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Apr 15, 2010
Wow. I didn't know that was true. If so, that's absolute BS. I paid the same money as the people buying it at retail, so why do i get less features?

Available exclusively on the Episodes from Liberty City disc are three new radio stations - Vice City FM, RamJam FM and Self-Actualization FM.
Message 8 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Apr 15, 2010

Microshock wrote:
Wow. I didn't know that was true. If so, that's absolute BS. I paid the same money as the people buying it at retail, so why do i get less features?

Available exclusively on the Episodes from Liberty City disc are three new radio stations - Vice City FM, RamJam FM and Self-Actualization FM.
You would think they would just be the same. I bought the disc version for the reason of just having it right away w/o download, and the map/poster. Not that I don't miss the old songs, but its nice to just hear the new ones. I won't wait to listen to the other stations anymore. Before, I just always listened to LRR. Now I know to keep scanning and keep it fresh.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the PSN version, you can pause your Lost and Dammed or Ballad of Gay Tony game, and immediately load a GTA IV game? That may be one reason why the versions are different, faster loading of other episode saved games for the PSN version. With retail, if I wanted to go back to GTA IV, I'd obviously have to change discs.
Message 9 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Apr 15, 2010
i got the disc, i don't have time to wait for a download lol, besides i sold gta 4 anyway a long time ago. it was boring, so this is something new to me. thank god they made it available on disc also
Message 10 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes