May 06 2012
By: semajmarc87 PlayStation MVP 3461 posts

PLEASE HELP!!! GTA IV ISSUE!!!

4 replies 952 views Edited May 6, 2012

I called both Sony and Rockstar and neither of them could help me (the guy from Rockstar just tried to get rid of me and was clueless). Anyway I have GTA IV & Episodes from Liberty City (The Complete Edition). I have saves in all three games. But when I try to play GTA IV (The one with Nikko) something pops and says "The downloadable content required for this autoload is not available. Press "X" to start a new game of Grand Theft Auto IV." I already have over 40% progress in that game though and it doesn't happen in any of the other stories. Even stranger still is that when I start a new game, I can locate and load the game save and continue to play it where I left off. I need to start a new game every time though. I already tried reinstalling the game multiple times and that didn't help. This is so annoying. Can someone please help. I would appreciate it so much. What's happening?

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 1 of 5 (952 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! GTA IV ISSUE!!!

May 6, 2012

Try and follow me here.

Your GTA complete edition (with the dlc episodes one the disk) saves wont work with the regular GTA disk. Reason is because your disk has the dlc on it on the complete edition. And it doesn't on the regular disk. That dlc needs to be downloaded from the own store to work.

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Message 2 of 5 (952 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26190 posts

May 6, 2012

semajmarc87 wrote:

I called both Sony and Rockstar and neither of them could help me (the guy from Rockstar just tried to get rid of me and was clueless). Anyway I have GTA IV & Episodes from Liberty City (The Complete Edition). I have saves in all three games. But when I try to play GTA IV (The one with Nikko) something pops and says "The downloadable content required for this autoload is not available. Press "X" to start a new game of Grand Theft Auto IV." I already have over 40% progress in that game though and it doesn't happen in any of the other stories. Even stranger still is that when I start a new game, I can locate and load the game save and continue to play it where I left off. I need to start a new game every time though. I already tried reinstalling the game multiple times and that didn't help. This is so annoying. Can someone please help. I would appreciate it so much. What's happening?

From what you describe, the save required doesn't have the download associated with it. Are you trying to play a save from someone else's system?

Message 3 of 5 (952 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 9, 2012

Yo this happens to me aswell, i recently bought the complete edition without owning the original gta 4 or any dlc beforehand, its really odd that that pop up comes up every time, this really needs to be fixed

Message 4 of 5 (952 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013

What I did was start a new game and then from the start menu I went to game and then clicked on load and then selected my save and it worked

Edit: Thread locked due to necrobumping

-Stage_Coach

Message 5 of 5 (271 Views)
0 Likes