Oct 31 2013
By: Grundberg I Only Post Everything 1344 posts

Outfits change automatically

9 replies 131 views Edited Oct 31, 2013

I don't know about any of you, but it kind of frustrates me that the characters keep changing their outfits in the background.

I really enjoy the fact that I can dress my characters whatever way I want to, but what the hell is the point if they just change back to their default outfit all the time???

I think this should be fixed.

- Grundberg    (PS4 owner since November 2014)

Current library:  Grand Theft Auto V, How To Survive STE, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra
Message 1 of 10 (131 Views)
MVP Support
12886 posts

Re: Outfits change automatically

Oct 31, 2013

You mean singleplayer?

The point is to make it seem as if the other characters are living life even as you dont' play as them.

It would be really weird if in real life someone wore the same clothes every day.....

It's just another factor of realism they decided to implement. I doubt they're going to change it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (127 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7543 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Yeah it's just part of the fact that while you are playing as someone else their life continues. Part of life is changing clothes.
Message 3 of 10 (112 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Yeah, I know it's no big deal. But I'm just saying, if I want to sleep in my military gear, I should be able to. If I want to play golf in my cop outfit, I should be able to .If I want to run around Los Santos in my boxers, I should be able to! Seriously, though, sometimes when I give my character "a look", it'd be nice if he'd rock it for a while...

Just saying is all. Smiley Happy

Current library:  Grand Theft Auto V, How To Survive STE, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra
Message 4 of 10 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Nov 1, 2013
I actually like that their clothes change. I do not like, however, that Franklin is wearing sweats 95% of the time I switch to him.
You live in a huge, swanky house sir. Have some class, don't go out dressed that way.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 5 of 10 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Yea, I feel ya. One of the reasons I only play GTAO now. Also, no matter the last character you played as, it always goes back to Michael. Oh well- I have my own guy now. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3226 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Like when Trevor wakes up in a dress... Smiley Happy

Since my online character is the most personal, I like that the single player characters control their own lives. Trevors got some issues though.

Message 7 of 10 (61 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Your not the only one op. I find it really annoying and frustrating when you dress the character in the story mode a certain way, just to see them wearing something totally different when you switch back to them. Rockstar really should do something about this, because what's the point of buying clothes for them, when the characters are only going to change beck to the default clothing. I mean I can understand somewhat that R* wants to show them living their lives while your not using them. But does it have to happen every single time?

bobs fed signature
Message 8 of 10 (55 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
33363 posts

Nov 4, 2013

i noticed they change their clothes too i dont really mind too much

Message 9 of 10 (42 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Then there's the sequence of events involving Michael and the Epsilon cult. You have to buy their robe and wear it for ten straight days when you become "fulfilled". That means I have to keep Michael "in action" for those ten days wearing the robe so he doesn't go and change out on me!

Message 10 of 10 (22 Views)
0 Likes