Feb 04 2013
By: Grundberg I Only Post Everything 1290 posts

NEWS FLASH: "GTA V is out already" (says fellow online gamer)

[ Edited ]
2 replies 262 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

GTA V IS OUT! (...says a fellow online gamer)

F E B R U A R Y   4 ,   2 0 1 3

Last night, in a valiant effort to draw myself away from that horrible Beyonce appearance at the Super Bowl, I was playing Burnout Paradise online to complete some challenges. We were all chatting during gameplay, and somehow Grand Theft Auto V came up in the conversation. Oh, yes -- that was me! Here is what was said when this other online gamer insists that GTA V is already out.

This conversation is mostly verbatim, except my actual response has been exaggerated for comedic value. Enjoy!

ME: So, yeah, they pushed Grand Theft Auto back to September.

OTHER GUY: Well...I guess I can wait seven months then.

GUY: GTA V? It's already out.

ME: No, it's not.

GUY: Yeah, it's out.

ME. No. Not until September. The release date is September.

GUY: Yeah, it's out already.

ME: NO, It's not. Not until September. It hasn't even finished production.

GUY: It's out! My friend has it; he says it's really good. It's bigger and better than GTA IV. He put videos of it on YouTube.

ME: Oh...wait a minute. Guys, did you smell that? I just crapped my pants in excitement. Do you realize we're all in the presence of this person -- whose friend, the chosen one -- is the only one in the world who has this game!

GUY: Yeah, it's out!

OTHER GUY: (chuckle)

ME: Really, REALLY??? What are you doing here then? Why haven't you gone on the news and announced this already? We're all missing out because o' you! So, this friend -- how many months did it take him to save the one or two thousand dollars to get an early copy from the retail outlet who'd be fined a few thousand dollars to sell it? I work at Rockstar, and I don't remember this happening.

GUY: (says nothing more)

OTHER GUY: You work at Rockstar!?

ME: No, I was just messin' with him.

OTHER GUY: Oh! I was gonna say...!

Sheesh.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8425 posts

Re: NEWS FLASH: "GTA V is out already" (says fellow online gamer)

Feb 5, 2013

not sure the point of this thread but to let us know you talked to some lier on the internet.....  guess first time for everything huh...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7441 posts

Re: NEWS FLASH: "GTA V is out already" (says fellow online gamer)

Feb 5, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

not sure the point of this thread but to let us know you talked to some lier on the internet.....  guess first time for everything huh...

Well if he spoke with a Chinese philospher I guess anything is possible.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (236 Views)
0 Likes