Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: More Ideas for GTA V

Nov 28, 2011

CaptainAlbator wrote:

h357town wrote:

Agreed, I think if you don't have ideas then you shouldn't dictate to others how less is more and think that they like it deep serius that is.  Anyone is free to say what they want but try to stay with the discussion, unless your looking for some negative feed back then by all means, carry on.

I would like to see more ideas because almost all of them are pretty good including yours.

R.I.P. PS3 the 2nd A.K.A Charlie Horse 3000

I'm not "dictating" anything. I'm saying that they've sold countless copies of Grand Theft Auto games, and all without resorting to having it go to an Internet committee. I know how "gamers" believe they are all part of the design team now, but at this point, I think RockStar knows what they're doing. And if anyone is free to say what they want, then it's hypocritical for you to say that I should not say anything. I have just as much business saying that I'd take, considering their track record, the game that RockStar has coming WITHOUT input from people on the net, than I would with it.

Blue Led Status achieved 10-26-2004
9-09-09

First of all I'm not a hypocrite, I did say that you are free to say what you want but don't expect any positive feed back.

Second, "dictating" wasn't mention for this statement "I'm saying that they've sold countless copies of Grand Theft Auto games" but too "less is more", yeah that one.  Now that your trying to be clear on things, how do you know that there isn't a online R* committee, and can you proof it?

I know you can ask me the very same question and I cant answer it or proof it, so I don't talk about it and you never know someone could have a relative working with R* in this forums. I think I understand you now, I think that what your trying to say is that R* should have a committee, if they don't already, so that we can all give are input for more ideas for GTA 5. That's what you should have wrote instead of giving a bad vibe in here but if that's the case, than why didn't you say so?

It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6210 posts

Nov 28, 2011

h357town wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

h357town wrote:

Agreed, I think if you don't have ideas then you shouldn't dictate to others how less is more and think that they like it deep serius that is.  Anyone is free to say what they want but try to stay with the discussion, unless your looking for some negative feed back then by all means, carry on.

I would like to see more ideas because almost all of them are pretty good including yours.

I'm not "dictating" anything. I'm saying that they've sold countless copies of Grand Theft Auto games, and all without resorting to having it go to an Internet committee. I know how "gamers" believe they are all part of the design team now, but at this point, I think RockStar knows what they're doing. And if anyone is free to say what they want, then it's hypocritical for you to say that I should not say anything. I have just as much business saying that I'd take, considering their track record, the game that RockStar has coming WITHOUT input from people on the net, than I would with it.

9-09-09

First of all I'm not a hypocrite, I did say that you are free to say what you want but don't expect any positive feed back.

Second, "dictating" wasn't mention for this statement "I'm saying that they've sold countless copies of Grand Theft Auto games" but too "less is more", yeah that one.  Now that your trying to be clear on things, how do you know that there isn't a online R* committee, and can you proof it?

I know you can ask me the very same question and I cant answer it or proof it, so I don't talk about it and you never know someone could have a relative working with R* in this forums. I think I understand you now, I think that what your trying to say is that R* should have a committee, if they don't already, so that we can all give are input for more ideas for GTA 5. That's what you should have wrote instead of giving a bad vibe in here but if that's the case, than why didn't you say so?

I think he's saying that there's no point saying what we want them to do because it's not going to do anything. The SOCOM forums actually had people that were gathering information to see what the community wants in the game, but that still didn't do anything.

Does it matter if there's a group of people working there reading our thoughts. We're just excited that there's a new GTA and we are kind of discussing what we didn't like what they did with the last one and how they can improve. I was just using this forum to talk with other people who like GTA games and see what they want in this game. Does Rockstar have any official forums on their website? I didn't see any.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 29, 2011

GILLIGAN- wrote:

h357town wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

h357town wrote:

9-09-09

I think he's saying that there's no point saying what we want them to do because it's not going to do anything. The SOCOM forums actually had people that were gathering information to see what the community wants in the game, but that still didn't do anything.

Does it matter if there's a group of people working there reading our thoughts. We're just excited that there's a new GTA and we are kind of discussing what we didn't like what they did with the last one and how they can improve. I was just using this forum to talk with other people who like GTA games and see what they want in this game. Does Rockstar have any official forums on their website? I didn't see any.

I'm aware that there isn't a R* employ scanning this forums for our input, I said that awhile ago that we are all aware of it but we still want to wright about our ideas.  I haven't been in the SOCOM forums but I bet it's the same as the MAG forums.  I see that your using Zipper as a bad example but let me balance that with Gorilla Games.  Before Kill Zone 3 came out there was a G.G. employ in this forums asking for are feed back and it was really nice of them. Even though not every idea was implemented in the the final release of the game, nevertheless we had some input.

Like I said I'm not sure if there is a committee or a V.I.P. community for R*, so I don't talk about it, but I do know that they never release BETA's for their game testing.  Going by that, they are really secretive about it, so someone must be giving them input for ideas and some kind of testing is going on.  So yes, I'm as clueless as any of you but I'm not going as far to say that its pointless, this isn't a Zipper game.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 8, 2011

Hey guys.  R* may or may not look at these forums but who really cares. 

This doesnt mean that we can't make threads and talk about a game that we love. this doesnt mean that we cant brain storm ideas and share them with other people on the internet. this doesnt mean that we should stop thinking about how great the game is going to be. 

So, go ahead, and think of cool, new and/or old ideas.  Some people just like talking about games.  And this is the place to do it.  I'm I right?

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6210 posts

Dec 8, 2011

I-800-Infantry wrote:

Hey guys.  R* may or may not look at these forums but who really cares. 

This doesnt mean that we can't make threads and talk about a game that we love. this doesnt mean that we cant brain storm ideas and share them with other people on the internet. this doesnt mean that we should stop thinking about how great the game is going to be. 

So, go ahead, and think of cool, new and/or old ideas.  Some people just like talking about games.  And this is the place to do it.  I'm I right?

Exactly. That's the whole point of logging on here.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Dec 13, 2011

Grand Theft Auto should undergo some refinement.  It should be a bit more mature as a title.  The storyline shouldn't actively present itself to you, you should go and create your storyline.  It should mould itself around your every decision in the game.

Take the Sims for example.  So many career options for your Sim to undertake, but it's up to you how to live life while you play.  I kinda want a game that's a lot like a life simulator, and the easiest options are typically the criminal paths, which of course also are the riskiest options in the long run, but it could be played out in whatever manner suits your mood.

I also want a world that feels much more realistic to exist in.  Realistic physics and sizing are important to me.  Supa Save is a giant grocery store in GTA3, yet when you look at it, the thing is only the size of a 7-11.  Scale is important, and so many games don't actually scale things the same way they are in real life.  Perhaps it's selective compression to give the appearance of the actual item, but in reality, it's much smaller than would actually work...  Perhaps it's that the artists don't realize how overwhelmingly large buildings actually are.  But either way, scale of the environment is important to me.

what I think would also be cool is a "movie director" mode, where you could script out cinematics and stuff like the PC modders can do.  I think the content that people could play around with would be quite awesome in that regard. ... or heck, at least give us instant replay and replay camera control and video capture.

Finally, I'd like to have crazy unlockables after a while.  Like grapple-guns or other various oddities.  How about a exoskeletal robotic suit you could wear with wheels, similar to how Kinetica worked (old PS2 game).  I want craziness to reveal itself the closer to complete you are to the game.  Some PS Move integration would be awesome too, like trying to throw some powder frugally to show hidden laser security systems, or maybe handling evidence or something.

A GTA where you could join the police force and eventually straighten out the miserable city would be awesome y'know XD

I dunno, maybe I want GTA to be "Life: The Simulator"  ... but if it's done right, that could be endlessly entertaining too

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6210 posts

Dec 14, 2011

multimediaman wrote:

Grand Theft Auto should undergo some refinement.  It should be a bit more mature as a title.  The storyline shouldn't actively present itself to you, you should go and create your storyline.  It should mould itself around your every decision in the game.

Take the Sims for example.  So many career options for your Sim to undertake, but it's up to you how to live life while you play.  I kinda want a game that's a lot like a life simulator, and the easiest options are typically the criminal paths, which of course also are the riskiest options in the long run, but it could be played out in whatever manner suits your mood.

I also want a world that feels much more realistic to exist in.  Realistic physics and sizing are important to me.  Supa Save is a giant grocery store in GTA3, yet when you look at it, the thing is only the size of a 7-11.  Scale is important, and so many games don't actually scale things the same way they are in real life.  Perhaps it's selective compression to give the appearance of the actual item, but in reality, it's much smaller than would actually work...  Perhaps it's that the artists don't realize how overwhelmingly large buildings actually are.  But either way, scale of the environment is important to me.

what I think would also be cool is a "movie director" mode, where you could script out cinematics and stuff like the PC modders can do.  I think the content that people could play around with would be quite awesome in that regard. ... or heck, at least give us instant replay and replay camera control and video capture.

Finally, I'd like to have crazy unlockables after a while.  Like grapple-guns or other various oddities.  How about a exoskeletal robotic suit you could wear with wheels, similar to how Kinetica worked (old PS2 game).  I want craziness to reveal itself the closer to complete you are to the game.  Some PS Move integration would be awesome too, like trying to throw some powder frugally to show hidden laser security systems, or maybe handling evidence or something.

A GTA where you could join the police force and eventually straighten out the miserable city would be awesome y'know XD

I dunno, maybe I want GTA to be "Life: The Simulator"  ... but if it's done right, that could be endlessly entertaining too

WHat you explained sounds like it could be a good game if done right, it just isn't what the series is about. Though I would like a video recording option and more of the oddities back like in San Andreas.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Dec 21, 2011

More weapons is always a must

I love GTA, and GTA IV was a big change, but I still love it, alot of GTA III-SA fans disliked IV.

I think refinements and additions will make it amazing.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24697 posts

Jan 3, 2012

GILLIGAN- wrote:

h357town wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

h357town wrote:

9-09-09

Actually what I'm saying is that I'd gladly take the game that RockStar gives me without any ideas from the internet, than one that was essentially designed by internet committee. Why? Because they've proven that they can make a stellar game on their own. Are there things I'd like to see in a new Grand Theft Auto? Or course there are. Does that mean I want to start demanding they put X, Y, and Z in a new game? Absolutely not.

RockStar has earned the right to make whatever game they want. I say, let them do it. There's an old saying; too many chefs spoil the broth.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 3, 2012

O, so why are you in this discussion if you have no ideas and gladly take the game that RockStar gives you without any ideas from the Internet

Just letting you know that you are on the Internet in a discussion about more ideas for GTA5, if you didn't know now you know.

Also your  old saying is old and outdated there captain.

I smell a troll...

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 356 (361 Views)
0 Likes