Oct 15 2013
By: Grundberg I Only Post Everything 1290 posts

Just finished Merryweather Heist...no missions left

[ Edited ]
11 replies 1460 views Edited Oct 15, 2013

I have just finished the Merryweather Heist -- the one where you grab the device with the Sumbersible. Dropped it off back at the airfield that led to the conversation with an angry Trevor.

I have nothing left to do now. Did all of Franklin's tow truck missions, and Michael and Trevor are free also. Just before the Merryweather Heist, I gathered all equipment for the FIB heist (masks, tow truck, etc.).

All I have right now is Lester's hotel assassination mission. I was told to leave this for the end of the story (when I have maximum cash). Other than that...nothing to do.

Am I supposed to wait for a phone call? What about the FIB heist I'm supposed to do? Confused. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (1,460 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2271 posts

Re: Just finished Merryweather Heist...no missions left

Oct 15, 2013
Yup, Lester has to call you.
mvpbluesigTheJLC.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1290 posts

Oct 15, 2013

Okay, I'll hold...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (1,440 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1290 posts

Oct 16, 2013

How long am I supposed to wait for this damned phone call, and which of my characters is supposed to receive it? I've only got one mission to do and it's Lester's first assassination! I'm trying to save that. What am I supposed to be waiting for?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (1,419 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Oct 16, 2013
Have you done all the strangers and freaks? Those sometimes advance the story
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (1,407 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Oct 16, 2013

there is alos 5 Lester assinations in total so no need to wait till the big score heist to play all 5 of them

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (1,400 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Oct 16, 2013

you have to do the very first Lester assassination with franklin to be able to advance the rest of the story. invest in BetaPharm before the parking garage assassination which i believe is that first one.

Earn one. Turn one. Burn one.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (1,398 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1290 posts

Oct 17, 2013

Julio -- that would make perfect sense! :smileyhappy: That's all I have going at the moment. Some butt pirate on another site instructed me not to do any Lester assassination missions until the story is over (when I'm likely to have the most money). I would've waited forever and not enjoyed the remainder of the game.

So -- since I did my FIB Heist prep missions already, I would assume I get that mission back as soon as Lester's done, correct? And after this Lester mission (the Pharmaceutical guy) I can wait as long as I want to do the others?

Right now, Franklin and Trevor are sitting around $200,000 while Michael is well over $700,000. Last time I did the first Lester assassination mission (on a previous game save) I earned 30% more than I invested. In other words, Michael wound up with a milion, but the profit didn't climb any higher than 34%. So hopefully, I'll do this right...

Thanks again! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (1,377 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Oct 17, 2013
I would definitely for sure wait to do the rest of the Lester missions AFTER the last mission of the main story. You'll have millions to dump into the stocks before/after the assassinations (before/after depends on what Lester has to say, there are links with guides people have written up to help max profits).

What I am doing is saving before I launch an assassination mission, and if I invested incorrectly I reload the game and do the opposite lol.

You play online yet, and do you have a crew? add me (name is same on psn). my friends IRL aren't online yet so I'm trying to find a few players to roll around with.
Earn one. Turn one. Burn one.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (1,369 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1290 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2013

julio_ignacius wrote:

You play online yet, and do you have a crew? add me (name is same on psn). my friends IRL aren't online yet so I'm trying to find a few players to roll around with.

Thanks for your explanation on that! That is the exact answer I was looking for (had I been sure about it). :smileyhappy:

You know, I should've figured. Before I ran out of missions, Franklin called Trevor to tell him, "I have something I have to do for Lester before we move." I should've figured that was it. Durr! :smileyhappy:

I have played online, but I've only started into the introductory race. So, in other words, not yet. Have we received our stimulus package yet?

Anyhoo, I would be more than happy to join your crew. I haven't done this thing yet, but I promise you I'm a very mature, sportsmanlike gamer. I don't play online much because the competition is reckless and ruthless at times. But please add me if you will...name is Grundberg

I don't have a bluetooth headset, but I will be swinging by my local Best Buy very soon to grab one. :smileyhappy:

Thanks, Julio!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes