Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2013
By: Thetijessop First Son 3 posts

It won't load past the rockstar screen.

3 replies 83 views Edited Sep 19, 2013

I got the game the 16th and have played several times. I just loaded up the game today to find out that it would only show a black screen and not load. I thought maybe it was the install so I deleted that only to find out that it was actually because it wont work when I am signed into PSN. Now it loads up to the Rockstar intro logo but it goes no further. It just goes back to a black screen. I can't get the game to re-install what should I do? It doesn't freeze though I can back out of the black screen.

I have tried the disc on my friends ps3 and it works just fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: It won't load past the rockstar screen.

Sep 19, 2013
NVM I fixed it I had to delete all my saves for it to re-install.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 19, 2013

Now it wont install. The game freezes each time I try to reinstall it at various percentages of install. >_> Or it will go back to just not loading the game alltoogether and I have to deleat the game utility data every time. This is super fustrating, can anyone help me or should I just sell the stupid game?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 19, 2013
I'm having this same issue. Played a few hours after picking up my preorder last night. Now I get a black screen every time I try to start the game. This is on my older fat model. Attempted in my girlfriend's newer slim and I can start the disc, but can't get past the second image before the install bar starts. It just freezes. Not the machine. I can access the xmb while in game, but after waiting for two hours no install ever came.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (56 Views)
0 Likes