Apr 18 2013
By: Shadyhere Fender Bender 3392 posts

Ideas to make GTA games last longer

6 replies 157 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

We all love the GTA series for the countless hours of entertainment it gives us. After playing so many games similar to GTA and focuses all the GTA games, I have a suggestion for a future GTA title.

I got this idea from GTA Vice City Stories,GTA San Andreas and The God Father game(mixed in with some ScarFace the game).

I like the of Racketeering and Real esate(GTA VCS anyone?). I think it really fits what GTA games should aim for. In San Andreas I enjoyed the "taking over hoods" aspect; although the constant attack at times did get annoying. In Scarface I liked the idea of expanding the business and investing into security for the business. I really enjoyed this stratetical aspect implemented into these games. It's the only thing I personally believe they left out of GTA IV.

I belive they should really combine these different portions into one. I can only imagine playing a future GTA title and having the ability to completely controlling the "empire" I created. Imagine next GTA had this as part of there features...

Full Control Over YOUR Empire

• Start YOUR business
  • Take Control of the City through what ever means(Loan Sharks, Racketeering).
  • Full Control over YOUR money
  • Hire and Fire Clients
  • Invest into Your business
  • Own the **bleep** City!

I really think this would really immerse the player into the games wolrd and really give the player something to do with there cash besides just buying clothing. Vice City Stories really gave me a lot of these ideas. I like the fact that you could buy land and build. It's a great idea. Especially if your doing one of those 'rags to riches' storylines. If they can they can make this an indepth part of a future title, I believe it could go farther than any DLC ever could.

Sure we all love DLC but, this should be part of the games core. It could really give the player something to do and keep the player invested into the game after beating it. I think Rockstar could do this best, which is why I want something like this to happen in a GTA game.

Do you agree or disagree with something like this being a good idea in future GTA games?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Only a coward accepts Death"

"
Only a coward accepts death"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10781 posts

Re: Ideas to make GTA games last longer

Apr 18, 2013

Really it's hard to say if a concept like this would work. Already though it sounds like there might be too much involved with it, this being that the idea sounds more like a simulation game rather than an open-world action/adventure that fits into the Grand Theft Auto paradigm. Sure the Grand Theft Auto games have taken part in letting you invest in real estate or concentrated on controlling territories. These aspects can be amusing, but there also needs to be time to commit to the storyline. If there's too much bundled in with the game then it might be hard to proceed with the story, especially if the game isn't balancing elements tastefully.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

May 2, 2013

lol and I thought I was one of the only ones who really enjoyed The Godfather game especially for it's racketeering an such ( the 2nd one not so much). I think it might work for any newer GTA, but honestly I think GTA 4 and San andreas were pretty long games IMO. With so many short games out there, I'd say I spent a good 30 something hours on 4, so I'm surprised to here it called short.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

May 2, 2013
If you take into account multiplayer options, side games like bowling and darts, and general goofing around, I'm not sure it qualifies as short.
I've probably spent 100 hours+ on this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

May 4, 2013

it.

I read the game  is 5 times bigger than red  dead  remdemtion..  I says you can buy  jets and cars and homes not just steal you can buy.

and you customize cars and buy one to be  set up to your liking which i always wanted rather than steal them to death. I wish i could  post  my sand andras picture of custom cars..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

I've always wanted something like in Midnight Club 3 where you could buy cars and completly customize them. I'm getting sick of always having to lose a wanted level because I wanted a new car.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4165 posts

May 6, 2013

I think just the fact that its going to be a bigger map,

and is probably going to have a lot better vehicle variety,

that its going to last a lot longer as far as MP goes.

I still have fun playing GTA IV with my friends,

it just gets old being on such a little map,

and seeing the same 3 cars everywhere.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (88 Views)
0 Likes