Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Re: I want to do this right...

Jun 2, 2003

CurtisMonks wrote:
I am starting over in GTA: VC... What should I start with? Rampages? Hidden packages? Missions? What?!? Thanks.

what I would do is get a memory card devoted to just this restart of the game, that way you won't loose any of your previous progress, but I would do the missions until the guy says that Hurricane Hermayanie or whatever the name of it is has not hit the vice city area and that all the bridges and streets in vice city are now open, as soon as he says that, I'd go out and get all the hidden packages... always save at your ocean beach hotel, and don't get the hyman condos until you have gotten all the packages that will deliver stuff to your ocean beach hotel ... once it gives you the sea sparrow, it should be safe to buy the hyman condos ... that way everything you got in the way of weapons will be on the roof there...

also, make sure you save using different slots frequently ... you never know when the save game will glitch up and a hidden package is spawned in the wrong place or isn't spawned at all ... or something else spawns in its place ... once I had went to the area where there was supposed to be a hidden package and I saw 3 red glowing lights in the sky ... then three green lights, then yellow, then red again ... it turns out that instead of a hidden package, it spawned the lighting effects of the traffic signals :-| ... after the hidden packages are found, and you have all the cool stuff at your hotel and all, then I'd do the unique jumps, and save the rampages until last ... and you might want to save the one at the military base until you get the police uniform, because for some reason the military people spawn pretty far away from the place, and as soon as the thing is over you'll be shot to death :-| ... you might also want to wait with that one until you do the vigilante missions over level 12 ... someone said once if you run and stuff around the military people they'll still shoot at you, police uniform or not ... so it would be nice to have the enhancement that the vigilante missions give you for an easier getaway

oh yea, and the first thing I have done in all my games are the vehicle missions, like the pizza boy missions, taxi, and ambulance missions ... those give you some very nice abilities you'll be glad to have once you start doing some of the missions
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Jun 2, 2003
Do the taxi missions or parimedic first get them out of the way,they can be a pain
visit my website at gtauniverse0.tripod.com
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 2, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:

,CurtisMonks wrote:
I am starting over in GTA: VC... What should I start with? Rampages? Hidden packages? Missions? What?!? Thanks.

what I would do is get a memory card devoted to just this restart of the game, that way you won't loose any of your previous progress, but I would do the missions until the guy says that Hurricane Hermayanie or whatever the name of it is has not hit the vice city area and that all the bridges and streets in vice city are now open, as soon as he says that, I'd go out and get all the hidden packages... always save at your ocean beach hotel, and don't get the hyman condos until you have gotten all the packages that will deliver stuff to your ocean beach hotel ... once it gives you the sea sparrow, it should be safe to buy the hyman condos ... that way everything you got in the way of weapons will be on the roof there...

also, make sure you save using different slots frequently ... you never know when the save game will glitch up and a hidden package is spawned in the wrong place or isn't spawned at all ... or something else spawns in its place ... once I had went to the area where there was supposed to be a hidden package and I saw 3 red glowing lights in the sky ... then three green lights, then yellow, then red again ... it turns out that instead of a hidden package, it spawned the lighting effects of the traffic signals :-| ... after the hidden packages are found, and you have all the cool stuff at your hotel and all, then I'd do the unique jumps, and save the rampages until last ... and you might want to save the one at the military base until you get the police uniform, because for some reason the military people spawn pretty far away from the place, and as soon as the thing is over you'll be shot to death :-| ... you might also want to wait with that one until you do the vigilante missions over level 12 ... someone said once if you run and stuff around the military people they'll still shoot at you, police uniform or not ... so it would be nice to have the enhancement that the vigilante missions give you for an easier getaway

oh yea, and the first thing I have done in all my games are the vehicle missions, like the pizza boy missions, taxi, and ambulance missions ... those give you some very nice abilities you'll be glad to have once you start doing some of the missions

Thanks. I hate the fire truck and ambulance missions. Those can get really hard. What's the secret to beating them?!?
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 2, 2003

,CurtisMonks wrote:

,multimediaman wrote:

,CurtisMonks wrote:

Thanks. I hate the fire truck and ambulance missions. Those can get really hard. What's the secret to beating them?!?

Avoid traffic and know the streets well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's so many Walgreens today, you're just bound to be in one. -- Me

THE PAST IS INDESTRUCTIBLE

Current game I couldn't put down if I tried:
IndyCar Series

NASCAR fans! Enlighten yourselves and watch an IRL IndyCar Series race! It's for your own good!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jun 2, 2003

CurtisMonks wrote:

multimediaman wrote:

CurtisMonks wrote:

The ambulance mission is annoying to me because you have to drive so much without blowing the thing up ... basically just keep a watchful eye on your timer ... after level 6 or so, you'll have quite a bit more time than you need ... so you can go somewhat slow, and save your ambulance's body work lol ... the firetruck missions are nice because after each level, your firetruck regains health ... about 30% of it's health for my guess ... so each time you complete a level, your truck is repaired some ... so you can beat things around some to get to the people who wanna spontaneously combust after you put the fire out ... basically if you focus on one vehicle, then the people who come out of it, it's a bit more managable than if you were to put out all 4 or whatever number vehicles and have 12 or more people running around the city lol

the first time I did the firetruck mission I didn't realize I gained health on the truck until I finished ... I musta taken 5 times the hits it would take to make a normal fire truck start smoking lol
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 2, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:

,CurtisMonks wrote:

,multimediaman wrote:

,CurtisMonks wrote:

The ambulance mission is annoying to me because you have to drive so much without blowing the thing up ... basically just keep a watchful eye on your timer ... after level 6 or so, you'll have quite a bit more time than you need ... so you can go somewhat slow, and save your ambulance's body work lol ... the firetruck missions are nice because after each level, your firetruck regains health ... about 30% of it's health for my guess ... so each time you complete a level, your truck is repaired some ... so you can beat things around some to get to the people who wanna spontaneously combust after you put the fire out ... basically if you focus on one vehicle, then the people who come out of it, it's a bit more managable than if you were to put out all 4 or whatever number vehicles and have 12 or more people running around the city lol

the first time I did the firetruck mission I didn't realize I gained health on the truck until I finished ... I musta taken 5 times the hits it would take to make a normal fire truck start smoking lol

When the people on fire run around, don't they catch other people on fire also? =\
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Jun 2, 2003

CurtisMonks wrote:

When the people on fire run around, don't they catch other people on fire also? =\

not that I've seen thankfully ... if someone's running around on fire after being the subject of a flame thrower or molotav or something they can catch you on fire, but not other peds... at least that's the way it is in gta3 ... but no, I haven't seen that happen, dunno if it does though ... most of the time the other peds I've seen are running away from the people on fire cuz they're so freaked out lol

Message Edited by multimediaman on 06-02-2003 12:07 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 2, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:
,CurtisMonks wrote:

not that I've seen thankfully ... if someone's running around on fire after being the subject of a flame thrower or molotav or something they can catch you on fire, but not other peds... at least that's the way it is in gta3 ... but no, I haven't seen that happen, dunno if it does though ... most of the time the other peds I've seen are running away from the people on fire cuz they're so freaked out lol,

Message Edited by multimediaman on 06-02-2003 12:07 AM

Ok, thanks for your help. It was probably my imagination last time
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 2, 2003

I think u should start a mission first then  go fir the rest of things. Play up to 10 missions and then do the rampage and stuff. 

Thank you for coming on the Playstation 2 web site hope to be hearing from you again

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jun 2, 2003

,The Game Head wrote:

I think u should start a mission first then  go fir the rest of things. Play up to 10 missions and then do the rampage and stuff. 

Thank you for coming on the Playstation 2 web site hope to be hearing from you again

Ya, doing the first few missions helped with some money, so incase I need the bling bling
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (9 Views)
0 Likes