Sep 22 2013
By: armyluke Survivor 2068 posts

How to get a military jet?

8 replies 231 views Edited Sep 22, 2013

So I've been going to Fort Zacudo, trying to steal one of the jets and place it in Michael's hanger, its so difficult.

:smileymad:

I actually got out once, after getting hit twice by missiles and finally getting the hang of how to shake them. (Where is the CAF option?) But then of course, halfway to my hanger, the engine fails and I have to bail and am immediately gunned down by angry policemen.

:smileysad:

Is there anyway to just purchase a jet? (By jet I mean the ones with missiles and MGs)

I've checked the site that sells the military vehicles, and the other site that sells planes but there is nothing there.

Or is there at least a lower security airport where you can find them?

Message 1 of 9 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6508 posts

Re: How to get a military jet?

Sep 22, 2013

armyluke wrote:

So I've been going to Fort Zacudo, trying to steal one of the jets and place it in Michael's hanger, its so difficult.

:smileymad:

I actually got out once, after getting hit twice by missiles and finally getting the hang of how to shake them. (Where is the CAF option?) But then of course, halfway to my hanger, the engine fails and I have to bail and am immediately gunned down by angry policemen.

:smileysad:

Is there anyway to just purchase a jet? (By jet I mean the ones with missiles and MGs)

I've checked the site that sells the military vehicles, and the other site that sells planes but there is nothing there.

Or is there at least a lower security airport where you can find them?

you have to buy it. some side misssions might unlock it.. alot of  kool stuff to unlock

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 2 of 9 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Sep 22, 2013
Even if you get it to the hanger it won't save. (It didnt for me)The jet also runs out of fuel very fast.

I'm trying for a tank now lol
 photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Message 3 of 9 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5286 posts

Sep 23, 2013

It's possible to get the jet and lose the cops but it can be tricky with helicopters constantly spawning all around you. Just fly up high and dodge the helicopters. There are no flares but you can do barrel rolls to avoid missiles. Works for me every time. As for saving the jet, I've only stolen a few. I've never tried to save any. I haven't bought a place to keep it and I messed around with them as Michael so I couldn't use Trevor's hangar.

Message 4 of 9 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
608 posts

Sep 23, 2013

Hmm kinda wierd hearing ppl not getting it. I have successfully stolen and saved it to trevors hanger. First i purchased a parachute from ammunation. Next i got a blimp (any plane will work) flew over the base and free fell pretty close to the ground, then i pulled my shoot and pulled up wile holding l1 and r1 and parachuted right into the hanger. (FYI Its the only open hanger at the base)

After i jumped in i flew out of there straight up and over the ocean, avoiding the scopes of heli's as they popped up. After my wanted level disappeared i flew over to trevors hanger and parked it in the hanger. A prompt will appear in the screen that says, "Vehicles parked here will be stored here". 

I think getting hit causes you to lose fuel, the second time (successful time) i did it, i did not get hit and flew around for a wile tring to lose the cops before i parked it. Also it will only save there if you park it after use, Changing to a different plane or tank will cause it to disappear. (bs i know. Made me have to steal it a second time lol) Hope this helps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5286 posts

Sep 23, 2013

I don't see why anyone would want to save one anyways. The jet is only fun to use if you want to shoot down other jets or helicopters. I'd love to save a helicopter from that base but the jets shoot me down. You also don't have to buy a parachute. You get one for free each time you enter a plane or helicopter.

Message 6 of 9 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15957 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

its relatively easy to get the Jet.

Get either the helicopter or the blimp and hover HIGH above the base.

Then jump and pull the chute and line yourself up with the left-most hangar entrance. The trick is to land INSIDE the hangar so that you buy sometime to get inside the jet before the military shows up and starts shooting at you. If you do it right, you'll be decending with your chute fast enough that just before you hit the ground the alart will have just sounded which buys you more time.

If there is a plane parked outside in front, immediately start shooting to blow it up and get the heck out of there. Planes don't need a lot of room to take off so just pull on R2 to get full afterburn and the moment you are outside the hangar you can catch air.

The jet IS saved in the hangar you buy. I don't have the issue some people are having where it doesn't save to the hangar or show up when you load up your save.

Getting the other military vehicles are much harder because you're out in the open. For these vehicles, its best to just buy them instead of dying 10+ times to attempt to steal.

The tank CAN be stolen quickly and easily, but that is dependent on timing, as the path it runs when it is patrolling takes it right in front of the gate/checkpoint/entrance to the base.

But there are several ways to steal planes/vehicles from the base.... you just have to be VERY quick about it

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 7 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15957 posts

Sep 23, 2013

Project_Ares wrote:
Even if you get it to the hanger it won't save. (It didnt for me)The jet also runs out of fuel very fast.

Planes in GTA5 don't run out of fuel.

You were shot at. Planes are not built to take a lot of hits. So even with military personnel shooting a few rounds at the plane is enough to blow the engine out really fast.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 8 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Sep 23, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Project_Ares wrote:

Planes in GTA5 don't run out of fuel.

You were shot at. Planes are not built to take a lot of hits. So even with military personnel shooting a few rounds at the plane is enough to blow the engine out really fast.

I guess.

Also the JETs are located near the east side of the run way. Also the 4 Prop Big A$$ C-130 or whatever it is...

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Message 9 of 9 (138 Views)
0 Likes