Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 26 2013
By: Tease3211 PlayStation MVP 2999 posts

Help starting a heist / game save broken?

9 replies 89 views Edited Oct 26, 2013

Hey peeps, I need help.   

My game is completly stuck, and I can't advance any further.  I've done EVERYTHING there is to do up to the point I'm at (about 35% completion) and the game no longer offers me new things to do.   

I'm stuck because I cannot launch Trever's heist.   When givin the option, I chose the "stealth" mission rather than the assault mission.  I have stolen the submarine, and carrier helicopter.   Then it had me take Micheal through the flight school lessons, which I've now completed.

When I switch back to Trevor, I can view the heist plans on the wall in the apartment, but there is no option to begin the heist, and I don't get any more objectives to complete.

I must be missing something, but I sure can't figure out what!   Help please!  :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4742 posts

Re: Help starting a heist / game save broken?

Oct 26, 2013

Spoiler
Have you taken Franklin to the shooting range? He needs to get his shooting up, just like Michael had to learn to fly.
Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (84 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2999 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Hmm, I don't have that as an objective to complete, but I'll try anything at this point!

Thanks for the quick reply, Vicki!  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4742 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

When you're playing as Franklin, he should have a text in his phone. If not then I don't know what to suggest. :smileysad:

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2999 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Yeah, I've been through all the texts/emails/contacts on each players phone, and there aren't any new objectives to complete.   I'll try taking Franklin to the range later this afternoon when I get time to play though and let you know what happens!  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (71 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2999 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Franklin's Shooting is maxed and so is Micheal's Flight stat.  I still cannot launch the heist.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1121 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Have you set a getaway vehicle location?  I'm not sure if thats the problem I did that heist some time ago.

gojeff99
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (53 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2999 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Someone else had suggested that too, but I have no idea where I would need to put one, it's not listed as an objective for the heist, or a mission for any of the characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2999 posts

Oct 29, 2013

So I figured out the answer.  I stumbled into the "Three's Company" mission accidentaly, rather than by starting it the normal way, and the game glitched and I did not finish it.  When I went back to try it again, the yellow circle was not active and I could not restart it, but It is a pre-requisit for the Merryweather (Trevor's) Heist.

Turns out I should have kept checking back, eventually it bacame active again.  Once I completed that, a bunch of new stuff including the Merryweather Heist became active and I was able to complete it. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (33 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4742 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Really glad that you managed to get past it, Tease. Good job. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (30 Views)
0 Likes