Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Hackers in GTA 4 Multiplayer? :-(

May 1, 2013

You'll normally get someone who freezes the match, but it's mainly because of their bad coding skills of whatever they're attempting.

They end up freezing themselves most of the time.

I've had my share of these hackers recently, it mostly happens in free roam.

Message 51 of 72 (391 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 1, 2013

Everytime I play GTA 4 free roam. There is always a guy either driving a motorcycle disguised a toilet, someone making everyone burst into flames, or a guy driving a car that's going 500 MPH.

Message 52 of 72 (372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 25, 2013
no there are hackers about 30 min. ago me and my friend were playing killing people and stuff in gta then a guy came on our mics and said "hey dude dude dude dude im a hacker BAM!" and immediately we both looked like hippos from the amusment park and we could move then our game froze we both went offline and then got back on and he couldnt and it said his password was wrong so i hate people now....aannnd bye
Message 53 of 72 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7524 posts

Jul 25, 2013

USArmyMP373 wrote:
no there are hackers about 30 min. ago me and my friend were playing killing people and stuff in gta then a guy came on our mics and said "hey dude dude dude dude im a hacker BAM!" and immediately we both looked like hippos from the amusment park and we could move then our game froze we both went offline and then got back on and he couldnt and it said his password was wrong so i hate people now....aannnd bye

Welcome to the forums. I was an MP in the Army myself. Thanks for serving (if you are, not sure if just a tag but I assume so.)

Message 54 of 72 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I have encountered a few of them. 

My experience of them is they spawn indestructable cars for everyone. One guy spawned a few ramps and another spawned this teleport thing that teleported you to the top of the map on some sort of platform. 

I assume they do it for acknowledgement. Everyone follows them around like a bad smell "whoa man, can you like spawn me a car?" It's nothing that does any real harm, as I've only come across it in freeroam. 

But I would like to see Sony crackdown on this sort of thing. 

Message 55 of 72 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Right, it's absolute nonsense!

Just started playin the online multiplayer, havin a jolly old time, doin the missions, and racin, and playin the "mafiya" jobs n all that,  then i started playin "cops n crooks" and there was about 10 or so folks involved, and i was in the cops team, and the "crooks" i assumed were just really really good, they'd go down to a pier, 2 guys take out boats, few guys hide at the bridge/tunnel or whatever, and the Boss is well covered...think a guy was in a helicopter as well,  had the place well covered, and i was thinkin "here these guys take this serious, they're dominatin! hats off to them" while my cops team kept goin in 1 by 1 n gettin slaughtered, ended up bein laughable performance by myself and my team,  but i put it down to the sheer team work and skill of the crooks...

Then the game changes to "gang war" or whatever it was called... 4 teams,  the "crooks" team were all in the same team again...  so playin at the airport...  few times i was in a gun fight face to face, and i kept dyin, and i put that down to "aye fair enough... guy obviously shot me first.." 

then a few times i'd have the rifle, and shoot a guys head and watch his health stay the same, he'd turn and pop me once and i'd be dead..  htis happened far too many times to be a "glitch"  as it was with every member of the team..   so these guys are bullet proof and rocket launcher proof as well..  i even shot them to pieces with the helicopters...  still nuttin, boof, 1 shot and im dead...

This isn't lag!  it's not a glitch,  its clear in yur face cheatin...  how is this done? and what can be done to stop this from happenin? or at least is there a way for me to stop them bein able to join a game i create?  cause if they want to cheat fine, upto them,  just stay the **bleep** away form me and my games when you're doin it...

but apart from kickin folks after i realise they're cheatin, cant i just be able to stop them entering my games, like is there no way to have parameters that if they've edited stuff to be invincible and all that jazz they cannot enter, or are auto kicked from my game?

Message 56 of 72 (207 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 26, 2013

CragoW wrote:

but apart from kickin folks after i realise they're cheatin, cant i just be able to stop them entering my games, like is there no way to have parameters that if they've edited stuff to be invincible and all that jazz they cannot enter, or are auto kicked from my game?

You can sit a game lobby private slots up to max, so that no one can enter. 

Unless you invite them of course. I do this a lot in TBoGT, when I rather just play with people I know.

Message 57 of 72 (197 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 12, 2013

i was im a car earlyer today and a guy repaired his car while i was in it thats not a hack??????? there is no cheats......and i am on ps3

Message 58 of 72 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Aug 13, 2013

smokeupjonney420 wrote:

i was im a car earlyer today and a guy repaired his car while i was in it thats not a hack??????? there is no cheats......and i am on ps3

Were you nowhere near a paint shop, or health pack?

They repair cars as well.

If not, then it most likely was a modder.

Message 59 of 72 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 17, 2013

evry room now in muiltyplayer there is someone using a modded ps3 ..if you make them mad they freeze your ps3 or turn you into a box or take your weapons or keep blowing you up .i called sony they said we cant do nothing..im like i thought that was against playstation polices using modded ps3 ???

Message 60 of 72 (129 Views)
0 Likes