Jun 02 2003
By: multimediaman Keyblade Wielder 10634 posts

Gta3 water/L-train/car/subway glitch

2 replies 25 views Edited Jun 2, 2003
like glitches? I sure do, especially if they let you get to places you wouldn't be able to get to normally ... so anyway, I was playing around with a vehicle in vice city, and I drove up on top of one of those high pressure steam things that look like a double wedge ... and I was tempted to get out of the vehicle with nothing under the driver's side door ... well, it worked, he got out, and fell ... rather stupid looking, kinda funny ... but I noticed the door would stay open since as soon as he tried to close it, he'd begin the "falling" animation cycle ... and you could get in again, and he would still not open it, nor would the door be vulnerable to movement, so like if you stopped really fast, the door wouldn't move around, it'd just sit there ...

so I tried this same trick in gta3 ... well, the guy gets out, and closes his door no matter what ... and it's programmed so he'll be on the ground as soon as he finishes shutting the door ... well, my question to myself was: "how far wil he go?" after I noticed I could get out from the highest point on the L-Train tracks and not get hurt ... so I drove along the tracks, and I reached chinatown, and drove in the section where the L-train doesn't travel, and I was over water ... so, I tried the trick out, after I was around a car length further than the first support rail from the L-train tracks on the cement along the port ... it turns out the guy actually got out ... and the next thing I know I'm below the water's surface ... and to my suprise I was standing on the inverted roof of the subway tracks... the placement of the vehicle has to be somewhat precise to the first support beam you approach, but it was hilarious, as now I could walk around under portland ... and if I travelled the other direction I could make it to staunton island ... just wait until it shows the loading screen for "welcome to staunton island" and then just jump towards it, and you'll land on the roads in newport eventually... (there is a glitch that makes the tunnel dissappear if you go north, towards fort staunton though

so there you have it ... a perfectly legitimate way to get to the 2nd and 3rd islands with little to no progress, using no cheats whatsoever ... glitches are like wildcards, use them if ya got them (it's also a nice little way to get to the dodo plane, if you haven't reached the second island yet ... that way you can hurry up and get your portland import/export garage list done without waiting to open up the 2nd island just to get to the 3rd island
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Re: Gta3 water/L-train/car/subway glitch

Jun 2, 2003

,multimediaman wrote:
like glitches? I sure do, especially if they let you get to places you wouldn't be able to get to normally ... so anyway, I was playing around with a vehicle in vice city, and I drove up on top of one of those high pressure steam things that look like a double wedge ... and I was tempted to get out of the vehicle with nothing under the driver's side door ... well, it worked, he got out, and fell ... rather stupid looking, kinda funny ... but I noticed the door would stay open since as soon as he tried to close it, he'd begin the "falling" animation cycle ... and you could get in again, and he would still not open it, nor would the door be vulnerable to movement, so like if you stopped really fast, the door wouldn't move around, it'd just sit there ...

so I tried this same trick in gta3 ... well, the guy gets out, and closes his door no matter what ... and it's programmed so he'll be on the ground as soon as he finishes shutting the door ... well, my question to myself was: "how far wil he go?" after I noticed I could get out from the highest point on the L-Train tracks and not get hurt ... so I drove along the tracks, and I reached chinatown, and drove in the section where the L-train doesn't travel, and I was over water ... so, I tried the trick out, after I was around a car length further than the first support rail from the L-train tracks on the cement along the port ... it turns out the guy actually got out ... and the next thing I know I'm below the water's surface ... and to my suprise I was standing on the inverted roof of the subway tracks... the placement of the vehicle has to be somewhat precise to the first support beam you approach, but it was hilarious, as now I could walk around under portland ... and if I travelled the other direction I could make it to staunton island ... just wait until it shows the loading screen for "welcome to staunton island" and then just jump towards it, and you'll land on the roads in newport eventually... (there is a glitch that makes the tunnel dissappear if you go north, towards fort staunton though

so there you have it ... a perfectly legitimate way to get to the 2nd and 3rd islands with little to no progress, using no cheats whatsoever ... glitches are like wildcards, use them if ya got them (it's also a nice little way to get to the dodo plane, if you haven't reached the second island yet ... that way you can hurry up and get your portland import/export garage list done without waiting to open up the 2nd island just to get to the 3rd island

You know what's weird? I went to the ramp going up the side of the house, near the VCPD on the first island, and I was doing the unique stunt jump, when I decided to bail out in the middle of a barrel roll. Well, my car froze, in mid air, doing a barrel roll. It was so sweet! Can you say "Matrix"?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10634 posts

Re: Gta3 water/L-train/car/subway glitch

Jun 2, 2003

CurtisMonks wrote:

You know what's weird? I went to the ramp going up the side of the house, near the VCPD on the first island, and I was doing the unique stunt jump, when I decided to bail out in the middle of a barrel roll. Well, my car froze, in mid air, doing a barrel roll. It was so sweet! Can you say "Matrix"?

That's my favorite glitch in vice city to this point ... followed by a close second with the "helicopter to raise through roof overhangs and visit the ocean floor" glitch ... I wonder if that also works with helicopters ... it would be hilarious to see a helicopter just floating there at a weird angle
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (25 Views)
0 Likes