In an interview with The Guardian, Houser shed new light on the team’s process, and explained the game’s three-pronged character approach. he said, “Having three protagonists allows us to create nuanced stories, not a set of archetypes. Rather than seeming like you’ve got this super-criminal who can do everything effortlessly, they’re all good and bad at different things.
On troubled father Michael he added, “We liked the idea of a protagonist retiring with a family, and how awful that would be. We’ve never done anything like that and you don’t really see it in games – to feed into these concepts of parenting and pseudo-parenting.”
While researching for the game’s 1,000-page script, the team took to the streets of Los Angeles to nail the local flavours therein. House continued, “We spent a minimum of 100 days in Los Angeles on research trips, probably more. Out and about, all night long with weird people, strange cops showing us around, a lot of first-hand research.
“We spoke to FBI agents that have been undercover, experts in the Mafia, street gangsters who know the slang – we even went to see a proper prison. These poor buggers in the middle of the salt flat desert, miles away. It was eye-openingly depressing.
”Seeing as GTA games like to lampoon and capture various aspects of American culture, it’s little wonder the volume of research that has gone into GTA 5′s character work.
I don't know if this question has been answered.
But for the digital download, when can it be downloaded at what time on Sept 17?
Would like to know eastern time or pacfic time.
Please come back to the Playstation store on PS3 any time after
12:01 (PST) on September 17th,2013
Kate Upton is the girl in the bikini ?
- Random character encounters throughout the map, much like those in GTAIV - but this time there's a greater variety and they're fully motion captured.
- Dynamic missions, similar to Red Dead's "Random World Events". Examples include characters with broken down cars, a hitch hiker, or two parked cars with dead bodies around them - which you can investigate to initiate dynamic missions.
- Dynamic "state machines" were coded in the game, allowing non-playable characters to go about their daily lifes. For example, you may see gardeners and cleaners waiting at the bus stop in the morning, and then find them tending the gardens and houses in the game's fictional Beverly Hills later on in the day.
- About the economy, Dan Houser says: "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of "I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item."
- Dynamic music during missions (similar to Rockstar's other game, L.A. Noire).
- Big focus on multiplayer with a lot of content to keep players busy.
- Alamo Sea is the name of the Salton Sea-like area.
- Radial menu to select the 3 protagonists.
- Switching in missions partially scripted - meaning, at times character switching will happen automatically.
- In final part of a mission in the demo, the player can decide which character to use.
- There are multiple different endings in the storyline which depend on the choices you made throughout the game.
- The game map is open from beginning, with the exception of some protected areas.
- A certain amount of money will be needed to gain access to some missions.
- There is a functioning ecosystem teeming with wildlife including animals like dogs, seagulls, fish and sharks.
- You can buy property; houses, garages, businesses and marinas can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.
- You can pick up hitchikers, do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis, bike races, base jumping, scuba diving, jet skiing and triathlons.
- iFruit, the game's new phone, can be used to snap pictures and upload them to Rockstar's Social Club.
- The phone also has apps. In addition to the camera there is internet, contacts, social media, a calendar, and a replay missions app. There are three more Rockstar hasn't yet revealed.
- A combat roll has been introduced for moving between cover.
- Liquor store and ATM robberies is possible.
- Citizens will react to what you do, and if they see you robbing someone they could alert the police, film you, or even try to take you down themselves.
- Hunting animals.
- Each character has different animation. Strength stat has a bearing on melee capability.
- 3 protag will feel natural and will not feel like a balancing act, allowing the game to feel more natural. (if Franklin and Michael are in a car, you can drive as Michael, switch to Franklin, and Michael will continue driving).
- The game will feature stocks which means that the player has the ability to buy stocks to gain money from Los Santos's thriving economy using BAWSAQ and putting it into banks.
- You can also smoke medicinal marijuana.
- Purchase aircrafts and private jets at "Elitas Travel."
- GTA V features a world full of socioeconomic mix. Every area is populated with a variety of pedestrians that R* has researched for the pedestrians to fit into their right location.
- The world features towns, farms, campsites, trailer parks, settlements and many other ordinations outside of Los Santos.
- R* has researched the exact pedestrian populations for a variety of locations within California for the realism of GTA V to be even more realistic than ever before, and this goes for vehicles too.
- This is a first for GTA, snow is coming to GTA in North Yanktown.
- Character appearances can be customized. Specifically, tattoos, haircuts and clothing can be modified.
- Vehicles can also be customised. Customizations include paintjobs, wheels, window tints, grills, spoilers, along with robust performance upgrades to suspension, engine, brakes, and more that make meaningful changes to the way vehicles feel and handle.
- Weapon customization - Silencers, scopes, extended mags, laser sights, and more.
- Wide range of weapon modifications available in Ammunation such as clips, grips, tints and other attachments.
- Some missions request you to customise vehicles in a certain way, the rest is up for experimentation.
- Vehicle customisation taken a lot further than in GTA SA.
- Pay & Spray not in game - replaced by Los Santos Customs stores that are located throughout the map.
- More than 1000 vehicle modifications available, both cosmetic and performance.
- You can take a photo of your finished vehicle and upload it to Social Club.
- Car horns can be customized.
- "Over 1,000 car customization options" (Bulletproof tires, armor, etc.).
- Customized guns will broaden range of options during missions. (Stealthy vs. loud, Scope, etc.).
- You can also customise your pet dog i.e. Chop with collars and leads. Your dog can also get lost.
- Customise your vehicle at "Los Santos Customs."