May 31 2005
By: timnicholson First Son 13 posts

Games Similar to GTA without Mature Rating?

19 replies 8724 views Edited May 31, 2005
I hope I don't start a discussion here about what's right or wrong for certain age kids, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a game that might be a little similar to the GTA series that is more appropriate for young kids. I personally just purchased GTA: Vice City and think its great. I have a 7 yr old, who apparently had been exposed to one of the GTA titles at a friends house. I let him play a little bit with me, but I'd prefer to get him his own game that is similar, but doesn't have the Mature rating. It doesn't have to be real similar, in terms of the concept, story line, etc. I'm just thinking some kind of game where you get to do multiple things in the same game, like racing and crashing cars, fighting and shooting, flying planes and all that. Just something a little less graphic without vulgarity or selling drugs and beating up ho's. So does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15938 posts

Re: Games Similar to GTA without Mature Rating?

May 31, 2005

timnicholson wrote:
I,hope I don't start a discussion here about what's right or wrong for,certain age kids, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a game that,might be a little similar to the GTA series that is more appropriate,for young kids. I personally just purchased GTA: Vice City and think,its great. I have a 7 yr old, who apparently had been exposed to one of,the GTA titles at a friends house. I let him play a little bit with me,,but I'd prefer to get him his own game that is similar, but doesn't,have the Mature rating. It doesn't have to be real similar, in terms of,the concept, story line, etc. I'm just thinking some kind of game where,you get to do multiple things in the same game, like racing and,crashing cars, fighting and shooting, flying planes and all that. Just,something a little less graphic without vulgarity or selling drugs,and beating up ho's. So does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

The Simpsons: Hit and Run.  It is a decent game.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2807 posts

Jun 1, 2005
yes.. simpsons hit and run is very fun, ratchet and clank is good also,
The world needs to realize that video games arent just for kids anymore!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5951 posts

Jun 1, 2005
DRIV3R is Mature, but it really shouldn't have been. Its not that bad.,Its rated M for violence, which there isnt even alot of...
,Simpson: Hit and Run is a great game though.
,Unfortunitly you won't find many Teen rated GTA clones, because they,try to make up for the suckyness with extreemly foul language, alot of,sexual theme, alot of violence, or just alot of all three.
*BANNED*
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Jun 1, 2005
True crime streets of LA. its about the same. not as many side missions and no flying but absolutly no vulgar language. id say its appropriate for a younger kid.
NEVER FORGET 343.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6458 posts

Jun 1, 2005

You could try Mafia for the PC...there little to no swearing and..there's barely an sexual content...just a lotta Mob Violence...

Or the Simpsons Hit & Run like others suggested...or just play GTAIII...depending on the things you do, there should only be a lotta violence...

And here's a long shot, The Getaway

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2807 posts

Jun 1, 2005
True crime is good yes i didnt even think of that one. it is rated m, but youre a cop get to do good deeds. get credit for making arrests. i think its a fun game personally
The world needs to realize that video games arent just for kids anymore!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6612 posts

Jun 1, 2005
You could try a Ratchet&clank or a Jak game, both have decent violence but not as realistic as GTA, and there's no swearing.,
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10536 posts

Jun 1, 2005

Guerrilla-XIII wrote:
You could try a Ratchet&clank or a Jak game, both have decent violence but not as realistic as GTA, and there's no swearing.

Ratchet and Clank are platform games, Jak 2 counts as similar to GTA and its Teen rating
EVO X front
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jun 1, 2005
I would recomend Driver3, it is rated M, but only for violence. Theres no blood, no language if you shoot someone they just die, no gore. just an okay game
Have you tried Resident Evil 4 yet?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (8,724 Views)
0 Likes