Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 17 2013
By: NO_FEAR PlayStation MVP 7820 posts

GTAV Midnight at Epping, NH GameStop

[ Edited ]
4 replies 148 views Edited Sep 17, 2013

I had a fun time as always at the GameStop in Epping, New Hampshire.  The crowd was in good spirits and excited in spite of the typical New England cold snap this time of year.

GS gathering

The Manager was super nice as always, regularly coming out checking on the gathering and often with swag in hand. 

GtaV-swag

GtaV-swag-2

He even accepted the pre-orders from another store in Plaistow who were unable to open at midnight gather at his location so they could still get their pre-order at midnight.

We had a good gathering and even some live entertainment. This girl was playing Morrowind and Lord of the Rings music.

LOTR music .jpg

We had some great conversations and I answered a lot of questions about the PS4, PSN and PS+

IMG_20130917_241043_636.jpg

Then it was off to home for a frosty beverage and the first mission of GTA.

IMG_20130917_242232_774.jpg

My initial impressions are I like the graphics; so far I haven’t noticed any hitching, tearing or glitches.  The menus are a little different and will take a bit to dial everything in the way I want.  The way the controls are now are a little wonky so I will first need to tweak that and get used to how the game feels and reacts to inputs. After I have had some real quality time with the game I’ll come back and discuss it more.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5768 posts

Re: GTAV Midnight at Epping, NH GameStop

Sep 17, 2013

Nice..I went digital so I didn't have to wait in line this time lol..well I had no choice my Blu-Ray died 2 years ago and I haven't gamed much in that 2 years. I see you removed me from your friends (understandably)..I will probably play GTA V a lot over winter or longer.

I have only played a little so far..beyond that I doubt I will play many other games..at least not with a Sony console. Anyways how have you been? I've been good..I miss Socom but there are no other games like that out there..one of the reasons I didn't bother to fix my system...

"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one"

-Benjamin Franklin-
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1420 posts

Sep 17, 2013

Got a few pictures of mine. Alchemist, a few people that work adult swim studios and Danger Doom were at ours in NYC signing our gta booklets. Danger Doom did a live performance and they started promoting some new show also for adult swim... about 11 people were arrested for being too rowdy but it was fun. I didnt come back home till around 4:30 am . ill post pics later

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7820 posts

Sep 18, 2013

I like it! A true HD GTA experience so far all around.  Once I got my settings dialed in I been killing it!

I spent some real quality time going through the menus.  I prefer the Alternate controls for the DS3 and I like the free style aiming with a complex sight.  I also prefer the High view for the cars and Medium distance on the Third person view.  Looking over the dash seems kinda bouncy to me so I haven’t done it much for driving. As for the controller sensitivity I’m leaving it set to default for now, seems OK so far.

Like I said in other comments on twitter and FB, I’ve spent 4 hours and only completed 2 missions.  I’ve had fun going to the gun range, getting a haircut, car wash, surfing the web watching TV, exploring and finding new and interesting ways to die.

I’m off to a friend’s wedding tomorrow so I’ll need to see what others discover on the game through the interwebz.  Still waiting for those pics of Sasquatch in the woods along some hiking or bike trail….just wait it will happen :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Sep 18, 2013

NO_FEAR wrote:

I like it! A true HD GTA experience so far all around.  Once I got my settings dialed in I been killing it!

I spent some real quality time going through the menus.  I prefer the Alternate controls for the DS3 and I like the free style aiming with a complex sight.  I also prefer the High view for the cars and Medium distance on the Third person view.  Looking over the dash seems kinda bouncy to me so I haven’t done it much for driving. As for the controller sensitivity I’m leaving it set to default for now, seems OK so far.

Like I said in other comments on twitter and FB, I’ve spent 4 hours and only completed 2 missions.  I’ve had fun going to the gun range, getting a haircut, car wash, surfing the web watching TV, exploring and finding new and interesting ways to die.

I’m off to a friend’s wedding tomorrow so I’ll need to see what others discover on the game through the interwebz.  Still waiting for those pics of Sasquatch in the woods along some hiking or bike trail….just wait it will happen :smileyhappy:

agreed with the alternate conrols I like AIm and Shoot using the L1/R1

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (72 Views)
0 Likes