This is an attempt to provide the developers at Rockstar a more organized set of ideas for their upcoming installment of Grand Theft Auto.
Thread Topic: GTA V WEAPONS
- Assault Rifles
- Proximity Mines
- Timed Mines
- Detonating Mines
- Car Bombs
- Mail Bombs
- Fully Automatics
- Beretta M9
- Desert Eagle
- Melee Weapons
- Brass Knuckles
- Short Rope
- Kitana Blade
- Baseball Bat
- Golf Club
- Sniper Rifle
- Hunting Rifle
- Double-Barrel Shotgun
- Pump Action Shotgun
- War Guns
- Rocket Launcher
- Gatling Gun
- Weapon Gameplay
- 4 Weapons for Carry
- Instead of allowing us to carry all of the different types of weapons (1 handgun, 1 automatic, 1 shotgun, 1 melee, 1 explosive, 1 AR, 1 launcher, etc.) make it so that we can only carry 4 total weapons. Where we arm ourselves according to what we expect the circumstances to be (sort of like selecting a card hand out of a card deck). I'm a huge fan of options - so, this is tough for me to say - but the strategy & realism wins out in this area. IMO
- Weapons Cache at our better safehouses
- Weapon Skills & Weapon Specialization
- Please bring back the ability to level up in each weapon type (handguns, shotguns, etc.). And make it challenging to level up in any particular weapon type. This way people will develop different gaming strategies and effectively have a different GTA fingerprint. It would be cool for replay value and multiplayer. IE, I might be really good with the semi-autos but my multiplayer opponent might be really good with hand grenades (thus, his abilities will make him formidable in close quarters - vice versa).
- Arms Dealers Connections
- This is where - after progressing through the game or putting them on your payroll - you can pay identifiable street vendors money for rapid access to small weapons. These arms dealers would be identifiable based on a customary appearance (sort of like the drug dealers from SA). I think this is better than having to call up your hombre to meet you in some alleyway. It allows for spontaneity & slight random diversion. I think the random diversions really add to the experience and increase the playing time/replay value.
- Weapon Locations
- Ammunation with Shooting Range
- Arms dealers
- Newspaper clipping with clues to where crime weapons were dropped
- Police Lockups
- Military barracks
- Law Enforcement officers
- Basketball players ;-)
- Safehouses (please allow us to store our weapons/gadgets in our various homes; or in our girlfriend's homes)
- Weapons Upgrades
- Aim Increases
- Running Ability
- Ability to carry more weapons
- Storage Facilities
- Incendiary Ammo
- Explosive Ammo
- Ammo For Sale (Realistic ammo; such as 5.56mm)
- Target Practice
- Police Combat Training
- Dojo Fighting & Learning
Overall Theme: More weapons, more weapon upgrades, the return of AmmuNation; the return of gunbusting.
I wonder if Rockstar Games does go for buying the weapon licenses like the M4A1, M16A4, MP5, M9 Pistol, M24 Sniper Rifle, M249 SAW Machine Gun, SCAR (Special Combat Assault Rifle), MP9, UMP45 etc because it makes the game interesting and realistic?
- Weapon Locations
- Basketball players ;-)
Wait, what? I must be missing something here.
Anyways, I really do hope they have more melee weapons as those are really fun to use in close quarter situations or when messing around with pedestrians.
A network of arms dealers on the payroll.
- We can find identifiable gun dealers on the streets of Los Santos. They will give us access to much of the small weaponry in our arsenal (knives, brass knuckles, handguns, automatics, an occassional assault rifle).
- Identifiable in a similar manner as those drug dealers from SA (the latin guy with the gray hoody and the black guy with the black wife-beater)
Everybody has their own playing styles/strategies indicated by their weapon skills.
Please make leveling up in the different weapon skills more challenging & rewarding. Where, when people reach certain milestones different shooting/fighting mechanics get unlocked. Ultimately, someone can become a master with the shotgun (allowing for better aim, less recoil, twin shotties, etc.).
Essentially, everybody will have unique weapons fingerprints that will make every campaign different. Also, I think it would further enhance the multiplayer.
30 Days Remain.
I really hope they have a robust weapons customization setup for their game. I'd love to buy/find a standard gun, attach extended clips, silencers, scopes, and more onto it and then level up my skills on it. Then, I could take that customized weapon and improved gameplay skills/perks into story missions/multiplayer stages and handle biz.
Yeah, I really hope weapons customization is taken to new heights in GTA V.