Mar 18 2013
By: Mega_Byte Lombax Warrior 165 posts

GTA V WISHLIST: SOUNDTRACK

[ Edited ]
6 replies 270 views Edited Aug 18, 2013

This is an attempt to provide the developers at Rockstar a more organized set of ideas for their upcoming installment of Grand Theft Auto.

Thread Topic: SOUNDTRACK

GENRES

• CLASSIC ROCK
  • CONTEMPORARY
  • COUNTRY
  • GRUNGE
  • HARD ROCK
  • HEAVY METAL
  • HIP-HOP
  • HOUSE
  • JAZZ
  • LATIN
  • R&B
  • REGGAE
  • RAP
  • SOUL
  • SPORTS
  • TALK

ARTISTS

• THE GAME
  • LIL WAYNE
  • EMINEM
  • NICKELBACK
  • FOSTER THE PEOPLE
  • TUPAC
  • LENNY KRAVITZ

SONGS

• “I DON’T LIKE” – CHIEF KEEF
  • “STEADY MOBBIN” – LIL WAYNE
  • “PUMPED UP KICKS” – FOSTER THE PEOPLE
  • “RENEGADE” – EMINEM (& JAY Z)
  • “BLACK HOLE SUN” – SOUNDGARDEN
  • “INTERSTATE LOVE SONG” – STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
  • “FLY AWAY” – LENNY KRAVITZ
  • “SWEET CHILD OF MINE” – GUNS N’ ROSES

MUSIC FORMS

• RADIO
  • PURCHASED MUSIC
  • QRIOCITY PLAYLISTS

RESEARCH

• FOCUS GROUPS
  • ONLINE SURVEYS
  • CONTESTS

Overall Theme: Please do not use the same song selection process that you used for GTA IV. Please find music that is both appropriate for the setting, time, and mood. Please make sure the songs that you pick are actually good songs. Please, the number one criteria for songs in a video game is that they have to sound good.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: GTA V WISHLIST: SOUNDTRACK

May 21, 2013

Hey, Rockstar....

...I liked the songs that you guys had in those character trailers. That Stevie Wonder song sounded so good. 

By the way, I was playing SA last month. Man, that soundtrack was amazing. "Gambler", "Plush", etcetera etcetera. I wasn't even into country music or hard rock before I played SA. Now I've got like 12 country albums and a boatload of rock music on my iTunes because of SA. Those songs just made playing the game so enjoyable. Sometimes I'd be driving through the Desert outside of Las Venturas and I'd just pull over on the side of the road, turn up the volume on my tv, and just let the good music roll. 

"Mommaaaas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys."

"Rockstaaaar, don't let your soundtrack come out to be cow dung."

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Rockstar,

Please make sure the soundtrack is good. Yeah, I know that 'good' is subjective; but a 'bad' soundtrack gets neglected. 

Based on those 3 character trailers, it seems like you folks are on the right track. Please stay on the right track.

Also, could you try to allow for downloadable music content via the character's phones? And maybe allow the three main characters to illegally exchange musical content p2p. Hah, wouldn't that be cool?

Anyways, please make sure the soundtrack is tight. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jul 17, 2013

2 MONTHS AWAY.

In 62 days, we'll all be bumping that funky music. And we'll be making our own music, too; yeah, that gun music.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 28, 2013

some songs that would be perfect for KDST, or any classic rock station, Crossroad, Aqualung, When the Levee Breaks, Whole Lota Rosie, Out of the Blue and Into the Black, Grooms Still Waiting at the Alter, Roadhouse Blues, Can't You Hear Me Knockin, Midnight Rider and The Breeze... and Freebird. if the classic rock station leans more towards southern and blues rock, i'll be super happy. if it leans more towards arena rock and synth, i'll be listening to country. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 28, 2013

some songs that would be perfect for KROSE, or whatever station features Waylon Jennings: Family Tradition, Uneasyrider, You Never Even Called Me By My Name, Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw. i don't know what they were thinking when they put together KROSE in GTA SA. i can only guess that when a country station was suggested the name Hank Williams was brought up. somehow we ended up with Hank Sr. when it's likely whoever first thought a country station would be a good addition had Hank Jr. in mind. nothing against that older 50s style country, i just can't imagine any large portion of any age group within the gaming community rockin out on "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man". with Waylon Jennings in the country line up, it looks like they got it right this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Yeah, Minifigs...

...That "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man" song is something that kind of has to grow on you. Prior to SA, I had probably spent no more than 1 hour of my life listening to country music. But I still thoroughly enjoyed the Country Station in SA. I loved the grunge music, too. And I've since listened to a healthy amount of both ever since SA. One or two trying songs is par for the course.

I wish I could say the same thing about IV. I really despised every single radio station; even talk radio. Oh well, that's history now. I hope that I will be able to say that I love GTAV's soundtrack, though.  Only 30 days left!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (101 Views)
0 Likes