Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2013
By: Mega_Byte Lombax Warrior 165 posts

GTA V WISHLIST: PLAYER ABILITIES

[ Edited ]
7 replies 240 views Edited May 21, 2013

This is an attempt to provide the developers at Rockstar a more organized set of ideas for their upcoming installment of Grand Theft Auto.

Thread Topic: PLAYER ABILITIES

I. AIDED ACTIVITIES

• Parachute
  • Surf
  • Jetski
  • Rollerblade
  • Skateboard
  • Sky Dive
  • Repel
  • Scuba Diving

II.  CHARACTER BUILDING

• Weight Lifting (improves strength, improves respect, improves sex appeal, improves movements)
  • Archery (improves aim, improves weapon skill, improves ability to run & shoot)
  • Exercising (improves running speed, swimming, endurance, lung capacity, improves movements, etc.)
  • Boxing (improves CQC, gives more moves)
  • Good Samaritan (improves respect, reduces police presence, provides resistance to wanted level)
    • Nabbing pickpockets
    • Helping old people
    • Paying parking meters
  • Drug & Alcohol Effect
    • Some drugs make combat easier
    • Some drugs make driving easier
    • Some drugs make women like you
    • Some drugs give you a heightened command of gangs
    • Some drugs make time pass by faster
    • After effects: loss of stamina, incapacitated protagonsist for a couple days, etc.

III.  COMBAT

• Cover
    • Keep all those cover moves from IV (make them smoother, though)
  • Enemy Down
    • Continue fighting a downed opponents
  • Player Down
    • Continue fighting while downed by opponent/car
  • Stealth Attacks
    • Knife slit
    • Choke-out
    • Roping

IV.  CRIME

• Pick Pocket
  • Armed Robbery
  • Store Hold Ups (oh, these were the best in Vice City)
  • Burglary (oh god, these were so awesome from SA)
  • Hold Hostage
  • Hogtie
  • Move/Hide Bodies
  • Graffiti
  • Vandalism
  • Stealing Car parts

V.  ENTERTAINMENT

• Dating
  • Bowling
  • Go to basketball/football/baseball/hockey/soccer game
  • Go to music concert
  • Go to comic show
  • Carnival/State Fare
  • Go drinking
  • Fight clubbing
  • Night clubbing
  • Movie theater
  • Arcade/Darts/Pool/Gambling
  • Gentlemen’s Club

VI. MISCELLANEOUS

• Newspaper Clippings
  • Missing People Reports
  • Random world events
  • Go Online
  • Tattoos
  • Haircuts
  • Piercings
  • Clothes shopping
  • Grocery shopping (for a healthier diet that improves health when waking up)
  • Photography

VII. MOVEMENT

• Jump
  • Swim
  • Swim underwater
  • Climb
  • Prone
  • Prone Crawl
  • Supine
  • Supine Crawl
  • Kneel
  • Kneel walk
  • Sneak
  • Hang
  • Run
  • Faster Car/Motorcycle entries (please bring back the jump onto a motorbike action from SA & VC)
  • Faster car exits (please, please, please, please allow the characters to get out of cars faster; it's fun and more realistic)
  • More athletic (please allow the characters to be much more athletic than in IV)

VIII. RESET

• Arrest (lose weapons, lose money | the worse our reputation the worse the penalty)
    • Lose Weapons
    • Lose Money
    • The worse our reputation the worse the penalty
    • Lose one of the protagonists for a few days
    • Can only get bailed out by other protagonists
  • Health
    • Lose weapons
    • Lose money
    • The better our reputation the less we lose (as far as weapons & money goes)
    • Lose one of the protagonists for a few days
    • Can only get resuscitated if another protagonist obliges

IX.  RESTAURANTS

• Burger Shot (get fatter)
  • Pizza Shop
  • Cluckin’ Bell (get fatter)
  • Nice Restaurant (only admitted if sex appeal is up-to-snuff)

X.  SPORTS

• Play basketball/football/tennis/soccer/baseball/hockey
  • Nascar racing
  • Monster trucking
  • Demolition driving
  • Boxing/Fightclubbing
  • Archery
  • Marksmanship
  • Ironman

Overall Theme: Please start off by making the main characters more athletic. Please get rid of that annoying/agonizing step-by-step ascent up staircases. Please bring back the attribute/skill building. Please make the activities fun as opposed to them being chores. Please make it so that there are rewards/incentives for dating/restauranting/etcetering.

Message 1 of 8 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: GTA V WISHLIST: PLAYER ABILITIES

Mar 15, 2013

Some of these are good ideas. I am not a fan of the get stronger/fatter options. I hated that in San Andreas.  I don't want my GTA to play like the sims.  I'm all set with that.

Message 2 of 8 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Mar 16, 2013

One thing I'd like to see in GTA...TAXES! I think it would be interesting to have this as a requirement...maybe force the player to fork over a certain amount of money each in-game month - failure to pay taxes would result in your possessions getting repoed as payment, ranging from clothes, to TVs, to vehicles. Speaking of vehicles, if we don't get the luxury of having multiple safehouses, then we should be able to make use of parking garages where you pay a certain amount of cash each in-game month, or maybe every week to store maybe like 10 cars per garage...failure to pay taxes on time would result in one vehicle being taken from each garage to a city impound yard where you'd have to pay to get each vehicle back...driving off without paying would result in a 3-star wanted level...or you could try to sneak in at night to "steal" your cars back - you'd have to get past both guards AND dogs, so don't make any noise...the guards might not hear you, but the dogs will immediately respond due to their exceptional hearing ability. Also, there should be WORKING parking meters where you actually have to pay to park your car on the street. Not getting back to a meter by the time the meter runs out would result in the vehicle becoming "locked", and breaking a window would not work - that would get you a 2-star wanted rating even though it's your own car...you could however, steal another car, and when you get a certain distance away, your car would automatically be teleported to an impound yard - or you can just hang around and watch a guy with a tow truck take it away lol. Of course, you would receive a notice of some kind that your property has been taken to this place or that place.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 3 of 8 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

May 21, 2013

Different strokes for different folks. 

I liked the option for working out and getting stronger. I liked how it made the character run faster (to help me elude the police). I liked how pumping iron made my dude so jacked up that when he punched some dude with his brass knuckles that dude would go flying. I liked how it was an option that wasn't a requirement of the player. Simply an enhancement.

I really hope they bring back those RGP-like activities so that we can enhance our player's abilities. Niko was cool and all, but the dude was wayyyyyy too slow and unathletic. He was like a fat CJ. 

More player abilities & customizations, please. Thanks, R*.

Message 4 of 8 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Rockstar,

I have to nag some more, please make the players much faster/fluid than in GTA IV. 

Please make the player movements & animations more fluid and rapid. I hated how long it took Niko (from IV) to exit cars. It took him soooooooo long. We had to watch him pretty much undo his seatbelt, roll up the windows, lock the doors, turn off the car lights, remove the keys, check his facial hair in the mirror, and zip up his flies all before finally taking a step out of the car just to get shot to death by assailants. 

Please, make all of the animations faster & more fluid.

Please!

It is so discouraging to explore the city (or do anything unscripted in the game) with a slow character. 

Please make it a priority to restore the quickness & speed of the character movements. 

RDR was a little bit better, but Mairston was still a bit lethargic (especially in his transitions). 

Please make the characters faster & more fluid. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3091 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Rojovo wrote:

One thing I'd like to see in GTA...TAXES! I think it would be interesting to have this as a requirement...maybe force the player to fork over a certain amount of money each in-game month - failure to pay taxes would result in your possessions getting repoed as payment, ranging from clothes, to TVs, to vehicles. Speaking of vehicles, if we don't get the luxury of having multiple safehouses, then we should be able to make use of parking garages where you pay a certain amount of cash each in-game month, or maybe every week to store maybe like 10 cars per garage...failure to pay taxes on time would result in one vehicle being taken from each garage to a city impound yard where you'd have to pay to get each vehicle back...driving off without paying would result in a 3-star wanted level...or you could try to sneak in at night to "steal" your cars back - you'd have to get past both guards AND dogs, so don't make any noise...the guards might not hear you, but the dogs will immediately respond due to their exceptional hearing ability. Also, there should be WORKING parking meters where you actually have to pay to park your car on the street. Not getting back to a meter by the time the meter runs out would result in the vehicle becoming "locked", and breaking a window would not work - that would get you a 2-star wanted rating even though it's your own car...you could however, steal another car, and when you get a certain distance away, your car would automatically be teleported to an impound yard - or you can just hang around and watch a guy with a tow truck take it away lol. Of course, you would receive a notice of some kind that your property has been taken to this place or that place.

I like the parking garage idea.  Taxes wouldn't be very belivable, if I'm right in assuming that no character's income is reportable to the IRS, as nice as it would be to include 100,000 rounds of ammo on your itemized deductions lol

Message 6 of 8 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jul 17, 2013

2 MONTHS AWAY.

I hope our three playable characters will have a lot more life in them than Niko Bellic.

Message 7 of 8 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Aug 18, 2013
30 Days.

I really hope our players are more fluid/faster in their movements than the ones from GTA IV. I really hope they don't agonizingly take every single step up the staircases. I really hope they can run faster and jump higher. All the III era characters ran fast and jumped high; it made exploring the city much more enjoyable/reasonable.
Message 8 of 8 (96 Views)
0 Likes