First Son
7 posts

Re: GTA V Pre Download Time for (US)???

Sep 16, 2013
Do you all have no faith in Sony at all.
You don't think they know that GTA 5 is the most anticipate game of 2013 and how many Pre-Orders it got.
I'm sure their servers are going to be fine.
You all just think the worst or the worst in Sony
Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 446 (587 Views)
Fender Bender
2372 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

iKilLa_Boi_209 wrote:
Do you all have no faith in Sony at all.
You don't think they know that GTA 5 is the most anticipate game of 2013 and how many Pre-Orders it got.
I'm sure their servers are going to be fine.
You all just think the worst or the worst in Sony

The way they have been handling this GTA digital launch doesn't leave one to have much faith in them.

Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 446 (545 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 16, 2013
Yes that is true, i can see where you come from on that.
And idk why everyone is getting mad about saying a 36 GB download.
No you need 36 GB free on your hard drive for the game. No where does it say its a 36 GB download.
Like any other game it tells you how much hard drive space you need for the game, like take for instance fall out. Its like a 3 GB install, but says you need like 10 GB (Not saying those are the correct things).
Its not a 36 GB download.
Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 446 (495 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Sep 16, 2013

I have absolutely 0 "faith" in Sony after PSN got hacked about a year and a half ago, leaving us with no online play for MONTHS over a simple issue that could have be resolved quickly. 

So yeah, this is going to be a headache. If you think these servers are going to be fluid tomm at 12am, you are fooling yourself. 

Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 446 (470 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 16, 2013

I've been playing games on PC for a while. The only reason I came back to PS3 is because there's no PC release yet for GTA 5. So of course I decided instinctively to buy the digital version. But then I remembered...... this is PSN!

I'll consider myself lucky if I get to play by Wednesday.

Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 446 (420 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Re: It's CONFIRMED: NO GTA 5 Preloads... (SONY's CRAZY!)

Sep 16, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

DanSD wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

DanSD wrote:

austinite04 wrote:
Look on ROCKSTAR's AND SONY's Twitter accounts.

This is Rockstar's game.  This is Rockstar's decision.  Sony has no say over this.  Your beef is with Rockstar, not Sony.

lol Sony has every say over this, it's their network.

This is not the case.  If Sony put games on PSN before the publisher allowed, they would be breaking contract, resulting in legal issues for Sony.

So remind me why would Rockstar be against Sony allowing the US to pre-load the game??

Once again SCEA does not allow pre-loading this is Sony's fault not Rockstar, since thousands of Europeans have already installed GTA V from yesterday and are now waiting for it to be unlocked on the 17th.

Its  just for proof of sales, which a is rock star decession and sony decesion. I think its just  simple precaution,   becuase of what happen on  xbox with the torrent pre loads... I  honestly thing uk pre loads  to load are not going to be very  smooth, till verified they paid, . They will  waiting a very very very long time.

It think its just the safe thing to do  for games now days,  This  is why  i go retail on aaa games.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 446 (710 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2372 posts

Re: It's CONFIRMED: NO GTA 5 Preloads... (SONY's CRAZY!)

Sep 16, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

DanSD wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

DanSD wrote:

austinite04 wrote:
Look on ROCKSTAR's AND SONY's Twitter accounts.

This is Rockstar's game.  This is Rockstar's decision.  Sony has no say over this.  Your beef is with Rockstar, not Sony.

lol Sony has every say over this, it's their network.

This is not the case.  If Sony put games on PSN before the publisher allowed, they would be breaking contract, resulting in legal issues for Sony.

So remind me why would Rockstar be against Sony allowing the US to pre-load the game??

Once again SCEA does not allow pre-loading this is Sony's fault not Rockstar, since thousands of Europeans have already installed GTA V from yesterday and are now waiting for it to be unlocked on the 17th.

Its  just for proof of sales, which a is rock star decession and sony decesion. I think its just  simple precaution,   becuase of what happen on  xbox with the torrent pre loads... I  honestly thing uk pre loads  to load are not going to be very  smooth, till verified they paid, . They will  waiting a very very very long time.

It think its just the safe thing to do  for games now days,  This  is why  i go retail on aaa games.

my friend in the UK already downloaded and installed the game and now he will have to wait till the 17th when it's unlocked.

Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 446 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

No preload for PSN.. game is already being played by millions on xSux.. Meanwhile I'm having the time of my life staring at my "exclusive" theme... a picture that could easily be downloaded off of google and placed into the background.. gee that was really worth pre order,SONY.. this is bull.

Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 446 (840 Views)
Fender Bender
2372 posts

Sep 16, 2013

M-0-N-5-T-E-R-S wrote:

I've been playing games on PC for a while. The only reason I came back to PS3 is because there's no PC release yet for GTA 5. So of course I decided instinctively to buy the digital version. But then I remembered...... this is PSN!

I'll consider myself lucky if I get to play by Wednesday.

Same here this is my first Day 1 digital download I went digital because I figured Sony would be smart enough to give us the option to pre-load the biggest game of this generation and their biggest digital launch ever, but considering PSN struggles to download games even when the servers aren't packed I can't imagine the mess thsat will ensue tuesday at 12 AM and their silence on this isn't very comforting.

Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 446 (840 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 16, 2013
How about you all go to Xbox, you all wanna talk a bunch of **bleep** to Sony, Go to Xbox then.
Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 446 (800 Views)
0 Likes