Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 02 2013
By: WarCougar First Son 16 posts
Accepted Solution

GTA V: I am suddenly exiled from the city? GLITCH?

27 replies 10964 views Edited Oct 2, 2013

Key word: suddenly.

I just turned on my game tonight, and after being booted from GTA: Online, I was returned to Michael, getting out of bed, getting dressed, then suddenly a box in the corner pops up saying Michael and Trevor have been exiled from the city. And Madrazo's henchmen will track me down when I'm in the city, and I had fun a killing spree between them and the cops before I turned my system off.

Anyway; WHY? I've looked this up some, and I have not done any mission involving putting anyone in a trunk besides the last Nigel mission. I haven't even talked to Madrazo since I did the mission where I made things right with him somehow, I can't remember what it is. Did him a favor or something. The last story mission I did was the submarine heist. The last thing I did with Trevor was the last Nigel mission, and I let the poor guy go. The last thing I did with Franklin was the last Tonya towing mission. And the last thing I did with Michael was the Solomon Richards mission where I go beat that guy up and return him in the helicoptor.

Why the heck did this happen? Has my game glitched over a mission?

I am WatchHawk.

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else." - Gray Fox

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (10,964 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Re: GTA V: I am suddenly exiled from the city? GLITCH?

Oct 2, 2013

It happens right after Trevor kidnaps the dude's wife. If I remember correctly, you aren't involved in the kidnapping, only find out about it after the fact. But that is part of the main story.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (10,942 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 2, 2013

same thing happened to me, my character wheel wont work, i cant go in the city either cause i get killed, the patch made this happened its really frustrating. im sure you suppose to switch to franklin and go to devlin but its not working

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (10,904 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Joel sounds like corupt data if it doesn't fix itself you might have to delete and start over

I would start by deleting game data and if that doesn't work save data
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (10,900 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 2, 2013

so your saying start the game again??? nooooo

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (10,898 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 2, 2013

so delete my whole game and start a new one? are you serious , everything was working fine before i downloaded the patch even when i go back to a earlier save point or reply a mission the character wheel works, its just when i go to my recent saved game the character wheel doesnt work and im exhiled from the city micheal and trevour i should be able to switch to franklin but i cant im on 52% , this is fukn **bleep**!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (10,895 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Oct 2, 2013
What do you mean you wheel won't work? If the only time you've tried it is in your safe house while wondering why you were exiled it won't. It's designed that way.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (10,894 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 2, 2013

the game is stuck, i cant go the city and i cant change to franklin or micheal.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (10,892 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

Just quit the game and start it again. Or go the menu and load your last save. GTA Online is messed up and it'll be a miracle if you manage to get online at all. I had the same issue as you. I couldn't change characters when I tried to play GTA online. I just quit to XMB and back and it was alright after that. As for the exile from the city, that happens as part of the story. You have to play through a few more missions to be able to get back into the city without some killers behind you.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (10,881 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1614 posts

Oct 2, 2013

joel_111 wrote:

the game is stuck, i cant go the city and i cant change to franklin or micheal.

what I am suggesting is delete the file in the game data utility this will delete the update(patch) and the 8GB saved from the disc if your using the disc version, this will keep your save data your progress in the game, if this doesnt fix your issue you might have to start all over

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (10,879 Views)
0 Likes