Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2075 posts

Re: GTA IV vs. GTA SAN ANDREAS.....

May 8, 2008

gahahaha...i don't know what all your problem is...jeez, it just a different game with different storyline yah? afterall, they do try to make each game unique in it own way. afterall, wasn't it til GTA:VC that they let you jump out of a moving vicheles? wasn't it til GTA:smileyfrustrated:A that let you swim in the water and climb? don't forget the motor cops who shot you in GTA:smileyfrustrated:A. but now, it time to move on. new game mean new experience.

sure, the dating game and the customization in GTA:smileyfrustrated:A was fun since it mean you can get the gf you want that come with a benefit, but the only problem it lacking was that, there was only one blak girl and how the heck did you go frm a gangbanger to what not? anyway, it all fun and what not, but let face it, each GTA series bring new twist and funs.

yeah, GTA IV lost most of what the other gives, but at least, they're trying to make it harder, right? a cop's search circles that search for you. realist. them spotting you going into a paint'n spray seem too easy in GTA:smileyfrustrated:A, but at least, in GTA IV, they're trying to make it harder to the point where you actually have to wrk at evading the cops, ain't it? the only thing i hate is that they removed the Tanks...that was the fun part...driving a tanks and repeating the real life San Diego Grand Theft Auto of the Military Tanks...woo...

and let not forget the most things ever, the bigger the maps and NPC, the better it is to see the mass chaos and destruction...afterall, ever get tired of trying to jack a cop cars? just call 911 in GTA IV...beside, don't be piss that they removed. just be happy that you're getting another great series...and watching yourself or other get thrown out throu the windsheld...eheheh...

btw, if you can get yourself a firetruck or a bus, try driving in the wrong side of the street...you'll see alot of funs... 

matttardo wrote:

You have aroused the wrath of the Spirit of Sony Fanboy. Your arrogance and blasphemy have doomed us all to endless apologetic for Sony's lack of vision - delivered by Sony's elite priesthood of Yes-Men.

We are doomed.

But no, I don't think Sony engineers ever graduated, let alone even own a PS3.
Message 31 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
This widget could not be displayed.
0 posts

Jun 16, 2008
I don't know if anyone mentioned that in GTA IV there's a huge story emphasis on "needing money" and setting aside ethics and morals for jobs. However, after about a quarter way through the game, there's almost no ambition for the player to try and make more money. Taxis are cheap, weapons are cheap, I have nearly every suit available for purchase and still never seem to run low on cash. I haven't played the game in weeks so I'm still only about 40% of the way through but this, on top of the more popular reasons people prefer SA to IV, continues to bore me throughout the game.
Message 32 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

Jun 16, 2008
GTA IV is crap when compared to San Andreas. GTA IV didn't bring anything new to the table it doesn't even have the things you could do in San Andreas. San Andreas had stars and even a fantastic storyline I know I hate rap and the gansta way of life, but it was good even then. The radio stations were better in San Andreas as well there is only like 1 or 2 songs on GTA IV that are good. San Andreas had almost everything and even a "next gen" game like GTA IV should progress from what San Andreas created not stray away from it and as you guys said cut the "fat", but it was the "fat" that made San Andreas such a fun game that even after you were completed you still could spend hours playing it. I mean you could fly planes cause mayhem even the cheats were outstanding. Dirtbike in the mountains search the wilderness for easter eggs prove myths right and wrong. San Andreas was almost endless and that is what Rockstar should try to go for not just a graphic update. San Andreas's graphics weren't that great, but it was still a great game if the graphics update was the reason GTA IV didn't have much then they should've just left out the graphics to make the game have more.
Message 33 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
905 posts

Jun 16, 2008

In S.A. it was NICE to have the option to customize your cars, get a haircut, workout, eat, etc,etc...but HONESTLY (& I felt like this at that time) IMO it sort of took away from the gameplay, b/c you HAD to eat, IF you didn't workout you got weaker, & after a while it became TEDIOUS. None of that stuff really makes or breaks the game for me, but like I said it was a GREAT FEATURE to have! With GTA IV, the took a lot of the "extras" out &  I think the "euphoria"  aspect takes this game to the NEXT LEVEL...along with the environment, IMPROVED Gameplay, shooting/aiming, realistic driving, interaction with various characters... for me it's GTA IV

Message 34 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Jun 16, 2008

let me start by saying I thought they have done an excellent job with 4, but I miss all the customizing that was available in SA, and the size of the map was just ridiculously huge.  more than anything I want the jetpack Back  while i think both are great games SA just had more content, I dont think there is or has been a map that can match SA let alone out do it in variety let alone size.  But as it was stated earlier I think RS will bring all this to bear in the future games.  They wanted to give us a taste of the next gen instead of drowning us in it.  Strangely enough this should work out well for the company, financialy speaking.     

Jimi Hindrix- "When the power of love becomes greater than the love of power, the world will know peace"
Message 35 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 16, 2008

Charbie wrote:

ok i dont know how to start this but. san andreas was kind of better in some way, u can go to the gym , more clothes options, fly planes, jets, tanks, bikes, atvs, subways, swim under water, get tattoos,haircuts. it had a 2 player option, and the layout of the map was better cuz gta4 is all a city, and in san andreas its a city/desert/forest(hillbilly area). when u go to the beach in san andreas theres actualy people there and stuff, but in gta4 its deserted. in san andreas u can actually have a garage where u park ur cars in, where in gta4 u park it outside. u cant customize ur car in gta4, theres no flamethrows, chainsaws, revolvers, (crossbows woud be cool) etc. u cant buy houses. i dont think theres any steath missions (unless i havent got that far). u cant rob stores (like in saints row). online doesnt work.

BUT if rockstar combines all these stuff in the next gta, then it would be the #1 game

Message Edited by Charbie on 05-05-2008 03:41 PM

am i the only one that notices that u can only wear long sleeves and pants in the game?

Message 36 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2910 posts

Jun 17, 2008
I loved San Andreas, but I'm diggin IV just as much. Looks like it'll keep me busy for awhile. I've done a ton of stuff and I'm just over 50%. Plus, when you do everything you can go to the Social Club and there're even more challenges waiting for you there.
Photobucket
Message 37 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
508 posts

Jun 17, 2008
I have to lean toward SA myself, simply because there was so much more you could do. I haven't seen anybody mention parachutes, I probably miss that more than anything. i use to find places to base jump off of. I also liked finding a Rancher or a monster truck and doing some virtual off roading. a lot cheaper than the real thing. I have noticed the Rancher, and other SUV's in IV have a very impressive 4wd, not many good places to wheel, I have to be creative.LOL
Message Edited by mild350 on 06-17-2008 09:51 AM

Message 38 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 16, 2008
i never played gta iv because i don't have a next gen console, but i'm gonna get a ps3 in a month or two and the first game i was gonna get was gta iv, but now i'm not sure if i should get it because of all the negative comments. so can someone with a fair opinion tell me if gta iv is worth my money?
Message 39 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jul 16, 2008

Just remember this is not a sequel to San Andreas. This is a sequel to GTA: 3. There are a lot of new features in IV that weren't in III. Graphics alone are incredible, but are they worth the money? You have to decide that for yourself.

There are a lot of people who have said the story is horrible and there isn't much replay value. Personally, I think those people piss-and-moan for the sake of pissing-and-moaning; but they have a right to their opinions. Maybe their standards are too high and no video game can make them happy. The point is, each of us has a different take on it. This was my first PS3 game and I wouldn't change that. I love the game, but you may be part of the 'pissing-and-moaning' crowd.

Bottom line: rent it first. If you like it, buy it.

Message 40 of 69 (252 Views)
0 Likes