Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 05 2008
By: Charbie Uncharted Territory 1983 posts

GTA IV vs. GTA SAN ANDREAS.....

68 replies 3162 views Edited May 5, 2008

ok i dont know how to start this but. san andreas was kind of better in some way, u can go to the gym , more clothes options, fly planes, jets, tanks, bikes, atvs, subways, swim under water, get tattoos,haircuts. it had a 2 player option, and the layout of the map was better cuz gta4 is all a city, and in san andreas its a city/desert/forest(hillbilly area). when u go to the beach in san andreas theres actualy people there and stuff, but in gta4 its deserted. in san andreas u can actually have a garage where u park ur cars in, where in gta4 u park it outside. u cant customize ur car in gta4, theres no flamethrows, chainsaws, revolvers, (crossbows woud be cool) etc. u cant buy houses. i dont think theres any steath missions (unless i havent got that far). u cant rob stores (like in saints row). online doesnt work.

BUT if rockstar combines all these stuff in the next gta, then it would be the #1 game

Message Edited by Charbie on 05-05-2008 03:41 PM
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2768 posts

Re: gta4 vs. san andreas.....

May 5, 2008
Yeah The gameplay in SA was a lot better IMO I never ran out of things to do
EmuHunter
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2516 posts

May 5, 2008

Charbie wrote:

ok i dont know how to start this but. san andreas was kind of better in some way, u can go to the gym , more clothes options, fly planes, jets, tanks, bikes, atvs, subways, swim under water, get tattoos,haircuts. it had a 2 player option, and the layout of the map was better cuz gta4 is all a city, and in san andreas its a city/desert/forest(hillbilly area). when u go to the beach in san andreas theres actualy people there and stuff, but in gta4 its deserted. in san andreas u can actually have a garage where u park ur cars in, where in gta4 u park it outside. u cant customize ur car in gta4, theres no flamethrows, chainsaws, revolvers, (crossbows woud be cool) etc. u cant buy houses. i dont think theres any steath missions (unless i havent got that far). u cant rob stores (like in saints row). online doesnt work.

BUT if rockstar combines all these stuff in the next gta, then it would be the #1 game

Message Edited by Charbie on 05-05-2008 03:26 PM

GTA4 is based off of new york soo u wont see no urban areas.

im sure they left stuff out bc then the next GTA would have nothing to add. But the game way better than SA bc of physics and all the little details like, tv, shows, drinking, girls, shot detection (shoot sombody in the leg they limp they just dont run full speed like in SA) and lots off other stuff. I would much rather plat GTA$4 than SA even if they had the same graphics

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5708 posts

May 5, 2008
SA had better customizing and clothes. GTA4 has the better controls and gun aiming thank god.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

May 5, 2008
They left a lot of things out because the Box uses a DVD9 and that doesn't have enough room to store all of these things. They even said it a few times that they were limited because of the dvd9.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 69 (3,162 Views)
Wastelander
918 posts

May 5, 2008
San Andreas way better.
raoulduke88
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: GTA IV vs. GTA SAN ANDREAS.....

May 5, 2008
This is not San Andreas nor they wanted it to be anything LIKE it. move on people.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14294 posts

May 5, 2008

GTA: IV is better all around. The graphics are better, the interaction with the people is better, the cut scenes are better, the entire story line for the game is better than San Andreas. The way the character interacts with his environment is even better, as well as the options of who to kill and who not to kill, and how it affects your story line.

I see people posting that they want bicycles and gangs. This isn't that kind of story, and you can't really compare it to San Andreas. Compare it to GTA: III. San Andreas and Vice City (as well as other similarly titled games) were all side stories to the GTA series itself, and while they did well, I think it was actually a good thing that they returned to Liberty City and built it up better than before.

Message Edited by Grifter on 05-05-2008 05:56 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 5, 2008
Exactly, this is a rise to riches mafioso style story... how many Mafia members/mobs have you seen riding bicycles? getting tattoos? or having "turf wars"? 
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

May 5, 2008
San Andreas was a better game.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 69 (3,162 Views)
0 Likes