Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 12 2010
By: LcCo27 Wastelander 728 posts

GTA IV rank glitch...weird!

5 replies 303 views Edited Jul 12, 2010

Ok so I was at rank 5 and I had half a million GTA money, I went on to play some few NOOSE to get 40k more to rank 6. However, just today I noticed I'm rank 7 with all these new clothes too. Has anyone ever experienced this? Whether it's a glitch or something, but for me it's a good thing because I've read people going back to rank 1.

Does your ranking saved on the PS3 or if you delete the save date, will it reset the rankings? Or is it saved online; to your account?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Re: GTA IV rank glitch...weird!

Jul 12, 2010
Your money is tied to your PSN account. The "Profile" save on your PS3 just contains your player model.

And how about losing 1mil+ and have Rockstar email you half a year back telling you it should re-appear in a few days.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (303 Views)
Wastelander
728 posts

Jul 12, 2010

losdodgers wrote:
Your money is tied to your PSN account. The "Profile" save on your PS3 just contains your player model.

And how about losing 1mil+ and have Rockstar email you half a year back telling you it should re-appear in a few days.

Yeah that can be frustrating and annoying.
So if I play on another PS3 with my PSN account would I be level 7 with all the player model? Or I'm level 7 but without the player model?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Jul 12, 2010

LcCo27 wrote:

losdodgers wrote:

So if I play on another PS3 with my PSN account would I be level 7 with all the player model? Or I'm level 7 but without the player model?

You will be able to choose your player model, but you will have to adjust it because your saved model is on your PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (303 Views)
Wastelander
728 posts

Jul 12, 2010

im_me145 wrote:

LcCo27 wrote:

losdodgers wrote:

You will be able to choose your player model, but you will have to adjust it because your saved model is on your PS3.

I see, now I understand thanls to both of ya!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jul 16, 2010

i had it happen to me too! it just keeps adding money everytime i shut it off after playing for at least an hour online. i was 90k short of rank 9 and the next day i woke up and it went to 100k past level 9! and i have no idea whats triggering it, i just hope  i can get that rank 10 and not have any money taken back!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (303 Views)
0 Likes