Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 20 2013
By: cyniclimboo First Son 2 posts

GTA IV Stuck in the loading screen.

3 replies 1182 views Edited May 20, 2013

Hey Guys I just bought GTA Complete Edition for Ps 3 yesterday (Late, but still) and what happens is the game is stuck on the loading screen, slideshow is going on music is playing and suddenly music stops and the pictures keep rolling but the game does not.

Can this be the hardware problem of my Ps 3? It is absoluetly new (Not longer than 2 weeks since I bought it)

Reasons why I believe this could be the problem of my hardware

1. While I was playing Battlefield 3 my Ps 3 was hot and I placed it horizontally and my mom accidetally touched the Ps 3 and it fell down from horizontal to vertical, the impact moved the disc out of its place and it was like tra-ta-ta-ta and after that incident took place battlefield 3 has no gun glitch, I bought premium and its still the same.

2. Games downloaded on the HDD runs perfectly fine.

Should I take my Ps 3 for a check up? Should I format it.

Even this GTA IV is making me disappointed, The lost and damned & GTA IV is stuck on the loading screen

GTA IV

(Problem explained on the first line)

GTA Lost and damned 

I skipped the video and now its loading forever.

GTA The Ballad Of Gay Tony

I'm 9000 % sure it is the same though I haven't tested it.

NOTE* I tried deleting the game data, disabling the internet and it is still the same.

NOTE* The DualShock 3 turns off usually when I exit the game after 3 continous beeps.

Please help this good guy :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (1,182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Re: GTA IV Stuck in the loading screen.

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

I have no expertise in this area....

...buuuuuuuut...

...it sounds like you might need to pull out the screwdriver. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (1,156 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

May 21, 2013

cyniclimboo wrote:

Hey Guys I just bought GTA Complete Edition for Ps 3 yesterday (Late, but still) and what happens is the game is stuck on the loading screen, slideshow is going on music is playing and suddenly music stops and the pictures keep rolling but the game does not.

Can this be the hardware problem of my Ps 3? It is absoluetly new (Not longer than 2 weeks since I bought it)

Reasons why I believe this could be the problem of my hardware

1. While I was playing Battlefield 3 my Ps 3 was hot and I placed it horizontally and my mom accidetally touched the Ps 3 and it fell down from horizontal to vertical, the impact moved the disc out of its place and it was like tra-ta-ta-ta and after that incident took place battlefield 3 has no gun glitch, I bought premium and its still the same.

2. Games downloaded on the HDD runs perfectly fine.

Should I take my Ps 3 for a check up? Should I format it.

Even this GTA IV is making me disappointed, The lost and damned & GTA IV is stuck on the loading screen

GTA IV

(Problem explained on the first line)

GTA Lost and damned 

I skipped the video and now its loading forever.

GTA The Ballad Of Gay Tony

I'm 9000 % sure it is the same though I haven't tested it.

NOTE* I tried deleting the game data, disabling the internet and it is still the same.

NOTE* The DualShock 3 turns off usually when I exit the game after 3 continous beeps.

Please help this good guy :smileysad:

seems that the optic is damaged.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (1,147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

Oh yeah?

The optical drive went south on my PS2 (fat) a number of years ago. I opened that sumb!tch up and did some light surgery on it. Problem was solved. 

To clean up the lens all you really need is some rubbing alcohol (or possibly something more catered to lens cleaning) and a q-tip. There are probably a dozen videos on youtube on how-to-fix your PS3. 

Although, based on your explanation of what happened I'm inclined to believe that the optical lens was actually scratched instead of just dirty. 

If you've only owned it for a few weeks then I'd suggest sending it back (it's probably under manufacturer's warranty). Which I say with disappointment; because opening that sumb!tch up is always more enjoyable. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (1,139 Views)
0 Likes