Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: GTA 5 - Same 2-3 Cars Everywhere: No Variety

Sep 24, 2013

Yeah i get what you mean, i have the same issue and it's not like in previous games.. i go to the "rich" hollywood area and i see this one jeep and then there's the same jeep in different colors everywhere i mean litterely on one road there's the same jeep like 5 times one next to the other this is defenetly a bug and not just a game thing.. i was driving in blane county or whatever and i saw this one fuel truck and as i kept driving i passed the same truck like 8 freaking times on the road this is a broken spawn system or whatever and not just a "GTA thing" 

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/2065/zonj1uUNUUimgRMUYwYF7Q/0_0.jpg

Message 11 of 88 (2,833 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Sep 25, 2013

aeroplane22 wrote:

Now, I'm not exactly sure if this is a new problem or that I just didn't notice it all this time.. but as it is right now.. I have no car variety on the road. No matter where I am, I only ever see the same 2-3 cars *everywhere*.. e.g. 1 SUV after the other, with the occasional jeep. No variety.

This is the same problem you would get with GTA 4 on PC if you put in too many texture mods, or ran out of video memory. If it got really bad, it was known as the 'Taxi Bug", where nothing but Taxis would spawn.

Anyone else have this problem? This sucks pretty bad and is taking me out of the game.

Should I back up my saves and try to reinstall from the disc?

(New PS3 Slim, with GTA 5 retail disc)

You should film it and put it on youtube. I gotta see this

Message 12 of 88 (2,820 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Sep 25, 2013

I can choose to use the Elegy RH8 somewhere..... I forget where now but it asks me if I want that car.

I think it's the impound lot and I have no idea why.

Message 13 of 88 (2,784 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

@ XTheGamefatherX

Yea, that is exactly my problem.

It's usually just the same car everywhere, until you change regions or die and reload.. then the car changes to something else, say from a Landrover to a Suburban.

My problem is that it never goes away. It has been like this for days, the traffic is broken and has really taken me out of the game. I don't know if it's related to the garage issue or what, but I'm frankly getting sick of it. Not only can you not go "car hunting", but it's just really stupid to look at.

-- Have you by chance installed both the Digital and Disc version on the same system? I got both, played a day or so of the Digital version, then installed off Disc when it arrived the next day. (I uninstalled game data afterwards).

Message 14 of 88 (2,756 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

No,

I have not been seeing the same 2-3 cars everywhere. I have been experiencing the exact opposite, as a matter of fact.

But, as all GTA gamers, I do know about the repetitive nature of certain vehicles. This was especially the case in VC & SA. In IV, I think it died down a bit. In V, it looks like it died down a lot more. I usually see a lot of variety in the cars regardless of where I go. 

• 2010 PS3 (60gb)
  • GTA V Retail Disc
  • 45 Hours of Gameplay
  • 34% Complete
  • Just Unlocked Third Playable Character

I don't know a lot about console infrastructure, but whatever the equivalent to computer RAM is for the PS3, I would recommend figuring out a way to reduce the amount being used during gameplay. If you have to delete other files then maybe that'll work.

I know that for Skyrim (notoriously bad for PS3) I had to delete video files, images, and game data in order for it to run more smoothly. You might have to do the same. I am not experiencing the problem you're experiencing.

Message 15 of 88 (2,747 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Having the exact same issue. It's so annoying that i don't even have the mood anymore to play the game. It started after i completed the story and it hasn't changed for days!

I get like 5-6 different cars in total and 1 car that spawns everywhere. It's hard to look through it and just keep on playing when seeing just a few cars for hours. This is much worse then GTA IV issue with the "rare car spawning everywhere when driving it". The streets are sometimes literally filled with just 1 type of car, just different colors.

It seems as if the game has a set of cars for a few missions and then changes. I've seen cars at the beginning of the game that i've never seen again after. Their were some cars at the middle of the game, but completely vanished as well as i progressed further. 

And since you don't have any missions left after completing the story, the spawn cycle of the cars stops completely. Resulting in having the same cars all the time.

Some people keep saying on forums that the GTA series always had this issue, while this is something different and a lot worse. GTA always had just a few cars driving around from the complete car list. But at previous titles the car list kept changing every now and then. In GTA V it's just stuck at a handful of cars every play session.

It really sucks that such an issue came with this game. I hope this is a bug that is gonna be fixed a long with the garage one. 

Playing on a Ultra Slim 500GB with a physical disc. But i doubt that it has anything to do with it as i saw some people posting it on Xbox forums as well.

Message 16 of 88 (2,743 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Mega_Byte wrote:

No,

I have not been seeing the same 2-3 cars everywhere. I have been experiencing the exact opposite, as a matter of fact.

But, as all GTA gamers, I do know about the repetitive nature of certain vehicles. This was especially the case in VC & SA. In IV, I think it died down a bit. In V, it looks like it died down a lot more. I usually see a lot of variety in the cars regardless of where I go. 

• 2010 PS3 (60gb)
  • GTA V Retail Disc
  • 45 Hours of Gameplay
  • 34% Complete
  • Just Unlocked Third Playable Character

I don't know a lot about console infrastructure, but whatever the equivalent to computer RAM is for the PS3, I would recommend figuring out a way to reduce the amount being used during gameplay. If you have to delete other files then maybe that'll work.

I know that for Skyrim (notoriously bad for PS3) I had to delete video files, images, and game data in order for it to run more smoothly. You might have to do the same. I am not experiencing the problem you're experiencing.

That's because you are at 34% of the game. I had lots of variety during my playthrough and i never thought about having the same car everywhere, until i finished the story. There are several posts on the net about people having this issue after finishing the storyline.

Message 17 of 88 (2,736 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

I'm not done the story yet and I still have a major problem with the traffic. It started at roughly around 50%, I think. Shortly after Franklin got his new house. I don't remember the exact point, or what may have caused it.. if anything.

Message 18 of 88 (2,724 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Nope, only disc installation 

Message 19 of 88 (2,713 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 26, 2013

aeroplane22 wrote:

I'm not done the story yet and I still have a major problem with the traffic. It started at roughly around 50%, I think. Shortly after Franklin got his new house. I don't remember the exact point, or what may have caused it.. if anything.

Then it looks like some sort of bug, maybe indeed caused by who knows what. I only saw posts about this issue from people that finished the game, which is when the problem started for me as well. It seems other people like Mega_Byte are lucky as their game has good variety of cars. 

Message 20 of 88 (2,712 Views)
0 Likes