Aug 23 2012
By: meesimma First Son 3 posts

GTA 4 complete edition just won't load

[ Edited ]
8 replies 1707 views Edited Aug 23, 2012

I bought it, brand new the other week to flick through it in preparation for gta5. had trouble loading it the first time but after almost 90minutes it gave in and let me finally SEE the disc to load it, managed to install and play fine, no issues what so ever.

Try to play it again today, same problem with the disc, it spins up then stops and the ps3 doesn't acknowledge a game is in.

I tried deleting the game data, i tried cleaning the disc, i tried rebooting, restoring, and then eventually reformatting, still the ps3 will not "SEE" the disc.

i've searched around for help with the problem but most of the help is either useless help saying they fixed the problem but don't give a solution, or it's telling me to do what i have already done...

and no, it's not a faulty disc, i do not need to return it for a new one, there is no scratches, do not give me this "advice" because the **bleep** thing worked, it should work again.

so please can somebody tell whats up with this thing? and possibly how to fix it...  

<edit> forgot to add, eu game version, 40gb original ps3, that has never been tampered with in any way...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1,707 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: GTA 4 complete edition just won't load

Aug 23, 2012

I would return the game and download it off PS store. downloads are usually easier and run faster, from what I hear.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1,704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 23, 2012

that doesn't fix my problem, i have a 40gb ps3... the install would be huge and i had to wipe a few games just to originally get space for gta4 disc data... games i want to re-install after i get this solved. and no i don't want to spend another couple hundred quid on a new ps3 to play 1 game that should work on my current one.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1,702 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Aug 23, 2012

You don't need to if you upgrade your HDD. I had 160 gb PS3 and only had about 50-60gb left, and I upgraded. all you need to do is get a 2.5" SATA HDD and back up your current data via flash drive or ps cloud. I upgraded to 500gb. I downloaded Assassins Creed 2 after that and recently downloaded Saints Row 2. That all together was about 14 gb and I plan on downloading AC:B, AC:R, and getting AC3 when it is released for download on PS store. Upgrading is actually very easy.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1,698 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 23, 2012

either way your suggesting i spend money i don't think i should have to spend... i want the solution to my problem, not a shortcut that overlooks or ignores the problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1,693 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Aug 24, 2012

sometimes just because aa disc does look good, doesn't mean it is. that happened to me on my ps2 once i think.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,679 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

Solution: Return it and consider upgrading your puny HDD.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I have complete edition of gta 4 and i cant get mine to load for nothing it takes me to the loading screen and still doesnt play. itll play the loading music and then the music stops but stays at the loading screen ......**bleep**..... why does it not load the samn game
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 6, 2013
The same thing happens to me I play gta tbogt and tlad .....but every time I try playing 4 it just stops playing the music and rotates pictures it still didnt load on the original thts y I bought complete lol it's gay...ima buy an Xbox
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes